Author Topic: What is your favorite vehicle?  (Read 7848 times)
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What is your favorite vehicle? « Reply #15 on: August 26, 2020, 08:47:43 AM » Author: Rommie
I'm honestly surprised that the C8 Corvette was mentioned on this thread. A lot of people seem to hate the C8 for some reason. :wndr:
Me personally, I'm not one of them. That is one interesting car, and it's also one of my favorites.

It's a very interesting car, although rather impractical if you don't have a garage to keep it in, no way would I want to park that on the street  :o
But as I think I said, why on earth do they make such a thing about it having 16 Bose speakers..? Why on earth would you want to listen to music with a stonking big V8 right behind the driver's seat..?  ??? :lol:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: What is your favorite vehicle? « Reply #16 on: August 31, 2020, 05:57:40 AM » Author: 589
I have a garage so that’s not a problem😊

The speakers are for when you’re stuck in traffic?

It’s my understanding Is that it also can get 30mpg hwy so I would daily it for sure.

:lps:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What is your favorite vehicle? « Reply #17 on: August 31, 2020, 06:45:06 AM » Author: Rommie
The speakers are for when you’re stuck in traffic
That makes sense, I'd record a track of the V8 revving and play it when stuck in traffic, that way I could still hear it but wouldn't waste all that fuel revving it for real  :lol:

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What is your favorite vehicle? « Reply #18 on: August 31, 2020, 10:10:40 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
I'm honestly surprised that the C8 Corvette was mentioned on this thread. A lot of people seem to hate the C8 for some reason. :wndr:
Me personally, I'm not one of them. That is one interesting car, and it's also one of my favorites.
I like it to, corvettes are pretty cool. 8)

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What is your favorite vehicle? « Reply #19 on: August 31, 2020, 10:11:54 AM » Author: Rommie
I like it to, corvettes are pretty cool. 8)
The C4 is a good one, we saw one restored on Wheeler Dealers the other day.

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What is your favorite vehicle? « Reply #20 on: August 31, 2020, 04:22:48 PM » Author: Michael
Toyota HiAce! I do like both, the European and the Japanese version. Both very reliable cars not like Volks Wagen which we use at work.

Mine one is a HiAce HX10 4WD type from the year 2000 and it was use to be an ambulance!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 02:52:00 PM by Michael » Logged
takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What is your favorite vehicle? « Reply #21 on: August 31, 2020, 09:08:39 PM » Author: takemorepills
"people don't like C8 Corvettes" said no one ever.
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What is your favorite vehicle? « Reply #22 on: August 31, 2020, 09:18:20 PM » Author: Bulbman256
"people don't like C8 Corvettes" said no one ever.

Its one of the Most great and interesting cars out there because it has super car styling, power, and handling on a car that cost about $60,000 base when the competitors will start at $200,000  :o :poof: @-@ Its also Chevy finally make a mid engine Corvette after so many failed attempts that lines up well with the older generations but does a bit of its own thing.

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What is your favorite vehicle? « Reply #23 on: August 31, 2020, 09:31:35 PM » Author: takemorepills
Its one of the Most great and interesting cars out there because it has super car styling, power, and handling on a car that cost about $60,000 base when the competitors will start at $200,000  :o :poof: @-@ Its also Chevy finally make a mid engine Corvette after so many failed attempts that lines up well with the older generations but does a bit of its own thing.

I think the C8 is amazing, and the light blue color matches the "Flame Blue" of my wife's new Toyota. Be fun to get a matching his/hers.

However, the market for C7s is falling, I can get a sweet C7 for relatively cheap. Even a base model can do the 1/4 in 120+mph which is basically faster than I'd ever need (my current car only does 106mph in the 1/4, feeling slow).
I really like hatchbacks, the C7 is a hatchback, and the C8 definitely isn't. So, yeah, now considering a C7. Hopefully the C8 keeps downward pressure on C7 prices!
LightsDelight

View Posts
View Gallery

Fred Dirst is watching you

UCp-ouYxSgmqTWUY4RGWyAFg rollaman82
Re: What is your favorite vehicle? « Reply #24 on: September 01, 2020, 10:20:30 AM » Author: LightsDelight
Toyota HiAce! I do like both, the European and the Japanese version. Both very reliable cars not like Volks Wagen which we use at work.

Mine one is a HiAce HX10 4WD type from the year 2000 and it was used to be an ambulance!

Those are bullet proof as well and therefore are insanely popular over here. We have a 2011 transit that's still working (just :lol:) we have given its fair share of abuse and its still running. It literally has been around the country. Only 9 years old with 400.000kms. Another reliable work car would be a Mitsubishi L300 Express. They are mad reliable with its simplistic nature. I would tell you the features it does have but lets go over the ones it doesn't have, you know a car is good when you go off what it doesn't have :lol:. Its features are: No air con, No power steering until 2005, no EFI just a carby until 2003, no airbags (this is what made it discontinued in 2013 when they legally couldn't sell it if it wasn't updated), no ABS, only manual gearbox, carried a 4 speed for a while before switching to 5, your knees are right at the crumple zones. The good things are its wicked reliability, light, moderately fast for a work van, simple, you can see the road without the bonnet in the way.

Keep discharge lighting alive

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What is your favorite vehicle? « Reply #25 on: September 01, 2020, 10:51:53 AM » Author: suzukir122
One of my neighbors has the C7, (along with a ton of other cars) in his garage. Although he's a fellow biker, I don't
know him well at all. That C7 that he has, with what seems to be a custom exhaust, sounds really nice. A constant reminder
to why I like the Corvette so much.

Now... the C8, I also happen to like as well. A lot. But in certain videos on YouTube, I see a lot of people
in the video comments that claim not to like the C8. None of them had valid reasoning... so...
maybe I can classify them as "no one" as well. :lol:

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

The Cooper OVX

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What is your favorite vehicle? « Reply #26 on: September 09, 2020, 10:15:46 AM » Author: The Cooper OVX
Nissan Skyline GTR R34

Common HPS fixture in many cities. slowly being phased out.

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What is your favorite vehicle? « Reply #27 on: September 12, 2020, 02:01:40 AM » Author: Michael
Yes those L300 were here around as well but a way less common. I see everyday at least one of these Nissan L300 driving around here even giving its age.
The problem here for all those old vans is the rust on their car body. This includes my HiAce as well. It needs extra effort to prevent rusting as our climate is rather humid.

In the future I really like to have the new HiAce but they are sadly not available anymore in Europe.

By far the most common vans are Volkswagen T5 and T6 which are in my opinion just boring. 
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: What is your favorite vehicle? « Reply #28 on: September 30, 2020, 10:46:56 PM » Author: CEB1993
One car I'd enjoy having is a 1985 Subaru BRAT (Bi-Drive Recreational All-Terrain Transporter) with an American Flag paint job. This is what Joy from the American sitcom My Name is Earl drives  :D

This is quite a unique vehicle in that it's a Japanese-made pickup truck and one of Subaru's earliest 4-wheel drive vehicles. This car has a 4-speed stick shift The two rear facing seats would never pass modern safety codes, but they're still a conversation piece. No seatbelts  :o These would be best for short trips to and from the lake up to the house... Subaru really needs to bring back a competitive pickup truck!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 10:49:02 PM by CEB1993 » Logged

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What is your favorite vehicle? « Reply #29 on: October 02, 2020, 09:23:43 AM » Author: suzukir122
 :o... so I'm guessing the rear facing seats are in the bed of the truck? I never watched My Name is Earl, but I
do remember seeing advertisements for it many times when I was a kid.

Dodge Cummins diesel trucks have been catching my eyes lately.

Finally got to see my neighbors C7 Corvette face to face (unfortunately before work, so our conversation didn't last long)
It's the "Grand Sport" edition. I asked him to rev it, and I was not only surprised by how loud it was, but also surprised
how long it took for the revs to go back down. Very nice grumble, with constant backfiring. I have no ultimate favorite vehicle,
but... the C7 Corvette is really close to being my #1 favorite.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies