Author Topic: lamp rescue : Evanston Rebuilding Warehouse (USA > IL > Cook / Chicagoland)  (Read 2747 times)
musictomyeyes

View Posts
View Gallery

lamp rescue : Evanston Rebuilding Warehouse (USA > IL > Cook / Chicagoland) « on: August 22, 2020, 01:22:32 PM » Author: musictomyeyes
Evanston Rebuilding Warehouse is moving to a larger location, and they will not take any non-LED lamps with them to the new location.  Unfortunately, like Habitat Restore, they are misguided and brainwashed and think "if it's not LED, then it's inefficient garbage".  So, ALL incandescent and fluorescent lamps are GRATIS, give-away, free of cost.  (Of course any discharge lamp is included, but they don't really have any but one-odd HPS.)  Please come liberate the lamps!  Whatever is not gone by time of moving (October), will be chucked into a great-big haul-away waste container.

Here's my album of snapshots of ERW's wares.

I came away with roughly fifty PL-C PL-S & PL-T type lamps, and they have roughly fifty more.  (I don't have any use for them!  I took them "just because gratis" and I was afraid nobody else would come to their rescue.)  There's a hundred incandescent bulbs, shape A and G and R and PAR.  There's a case of F14T12 Daylights, a case-quantity of OCTRON CURVALUME U-SHAPED Lamps with 1 5/8-inch Leg Spacing.  Lots of self-ballasted-electronic CFLs.  All together, it's not a tremendous quantity: it's but a fraction of what Chicago RESTORE had before they got rid of it all.  But when you see them in the lighting corner, looking refused and unwanted, then it feels like an awful lot.  More than a lifetime supply of lightbulbs for an average house.  Also too, wallplates / switchplates are gratis/free, so stock-up on those for your future home wiring projects.

www.evanstonrebuildingwarehouse.org The Evanston Rebuilding Warehouse
is located at 2101 Dempster Street in Evanston, IL, Tuesday - Saturday from 10am-5pm. We have a small parking lot, but additional (free) street parking is available on Hartrey Avenue, just a half block west of us.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 11:56:25 AM by musictomyeyes » Logged
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: lamp rescue : Evanston Rebuilding Warehouse (USA > IL > Cook / Chicagoland) « Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 01:54:17 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Its an 8 hour drive from where i am so i would only be able to get this stuff by coincidence. I believe parrot partly lives in northern Wisconsin and may be able to grab these and document them. will try and post the link to this on his next video.

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

musictomyeyes

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: lamp rescue : Evanston Rebuilding Warehouse (USA > IL > Cook / Chicagoland) « Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 03:34:08 PM » Author: musictomyeyes
lives in northern Wisconsin and may be able to grab these

Gosh, no!  I don't believe their lamps blowout/firesale is worth enough, to drive even one hour to reach.  I mean, unless one lives in a "incandescent desert" (like a food desert), these are plain-old consumer-household general-service bulbs, and plug-in CFLs.  There's always a good selection of luminaires/chandeliers, and their lighting department will likely be even bigger in their newer bigger location, so it is worth a visit for a home renovation.  To drive so far just for bare lamps/bulbs, I don't think is worth it!

I was foolish not to snap any pictures.  I'll try to go there today, to more precisely disclose what they have.
funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: lamp rescue : Evanston Rebuilding Warehouse (USA > IL > Cook / Chicagoland) « Reply #3 on: August 22, 2020, 03:46:02 PM » Author: funkybulb
 f14T12   Is worth getting esp those daylight ones
   14 watt tubes used to be so common and easy to get
   Now it becoming harder to find in stores in general

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

musictomyeyes

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: lamp rescue : Evanston Rebuilding Warehouse (USA > IL > Cook / Chicagoland) « Reply #4 on: September 24, 2020, 02:32:50 PM » Author: musictomyeyes
https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=6207

Yesterday, I went back to ERW and took most of their incandescent lamps.  What still remains: Biax/DULUX/PLtype lamps, dusty new-old-stock chrome/reflective two-lamp circline fixture, not very pretty ceiling bowl (or "boob") fixtures, ProLight G36-QL13-W, some HPS lamps, mini spot tracklight heads.

Of twin-tube CFLs, there's 18W and 26W and 32W and 42W 4 pin; 13W and 26W 2 pin.  And I think a couple 9W 2 pin.  There are a few Swiveliers, not labelled, model might be old L21701; these might be for sale, not gratis.

There is two weeks time before they close this store.  They say their very last day will be 10. October.  During their last week, I think everything will be almost gratis/free.  It will be time to seize random rough lumber, I guess.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies