Author Topic: HOW TO CHECK LAMP WATTAGE ON GE TUBE?  (Read 1268 times)
Kashba333

View Posts
View Gallery

kashba333
HOW TO CHECK LAMP WATTAGE ON GE TUBE? « on: September 04, 2020, 08:47:10 PM » Author: Kashba333
 :sfl: :sfl: Hey forum!
So I recently got this beautiful old new stock F48T12/CW made in USA by GE, but I’m wondering what year was it made? Also the wattage, as there’s nowhere on the etch to check it!

I’m suspecting it has to do something with those little dots beneath the GE logo, but don’t know how to read it!

Hope someone can tell me!

I leave a pic of the lamp behind so the experts can help me!

Thank you!   :sfl:  :sfl:

The light bulb is probably one of the best inventions ever! Whit out this awesome object, the history of humanity could be another!
I love HID and Fluorescent (specially SlimLine) bulbs so my collection bases on that! Please return MV/T12!

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: HOW TO CHECK LAMP WATTAGE ON GE TUBE? « Reply #1 on: September 04, 2020, 10:17:03 PM » Author: dor123
48W? Considering that there is no mention in the code that it is a HO, VHO or a single pin lamp, and this lamp have two pins.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: HOW TO CHECK LAMP WATTAGE ON GE TUBE? « Reply #2 on: September 04, 2020, 10:24:36 PM » Author: joseph_125
This would be a 4ft Slimline lamp, you can just barely make out the single pin on it. The ordering code for Slimline lamps typically don't have a lamp type abbreviation in it like the HO and VHO lamps do. Some fixtures manufacturers use SL to denote Slimline though.

They're typically rated for 39w. As for the date of manufacturer, according to this chart, I think it dates to May 1984. I believe the 70s lamps would have an inside etch and by 1994 I believe GE changed the etch design to the one seen on more modern lamps.
Kashba333

View Posts
View Gallery

kashba333
Re: HOW TO CHECK LAMP WATTAGE ON GE TUBE? « Reply #3 on: September 05, 2020, 12:46:56 AM » Author: Kashba333
48W? Considering that there is no mention in the code that it is a HO, VHO or a single pin lamp, and this lamp have two pins.

Whops! Forgot to show the base as well! It is a single-pin SlimLine fixture  :D

The light bulb is probably one of the best inventions ever! Whit out this awesome object, the history of humanity could be another!
I love HID and Fluorescent (specially SlimLine) bulbs so my collection bases on that! Please return MV/T12!

Kashba333

View Posts
View Gallery

kashba333
Re: HOW TO CHECK LAMP WATTAGE ON GE TUBE? « Reply #4 on: September 05, 2020, 12:50:30 AM » Author: Kashba333
This would be a 4ft Slimline lamp, you can just barely make out the single pin on it. The ordering code for Slimline lamps typically don't have a lamp type abbreviation in it like the HO and VHO lamps do. Some fixtures manufacturers use SL to denote Slimline though.

They're typically rated for 39w. As for the date of manufacturer, according to this chart, I think it dates to May 1984. I believe the 70s lamps would have an inside etch and by 1994 I believe GE changed the etch design to the one seen on more modern lamps.

OMG!  :o :poof: Thank you!!! I expected someone solving my question, but never thought of actually showing me the GE’s manufacturing code list! Thank you so much! Was really helpful!  :D  :D

PD: Do you have a Philips manufacturing code chart as well?
Thank you! 

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: HOW TO CHECK LAMP WATTAGE ON GE TUBE? « Reply #5 on: September 05, 2020, 11:51:38 PM » Author: joseph_125
No problem, you can thanks James Hooker's Lamptech site for making this information publically viewable.

Philips is pretty easy to decode, you can find the chart for it here along with date code charts for various other manufacturers.
Kashba333

View Posts
View Gallery

kashba333
Re: HOW TO CHECK LAMP WATTAGE ON GE TUBE? « Reply #6 on: September 08, 2020, 07:04:20 PM » Author: Kashba333
No problem, you can thanks James Hooker's Lamptech site for making this information publically viewable.

Philips is pretty easy to decode, you can find the chart for it here along with date code charts for various other manufacturers.

Thank you so mich again! I made a video on the bulbs and I mention you when talk about the lamps manufacture date! Here is it: https://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=bnda2XdkTho
Thank you again for the kindness and the webpage! Was so useful!

Greetings from Mexico!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies