Author Topic: GE has discontinued their HID street lights, except one.  (Read 4919 times)
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
GE has discontinued their HID street lights, except one. « on: September 06, 2020, 03:23:48 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
This is just sad, now that GE has discontinued their M400, M250R2, M250A2, and 201SA HID luminaries. Just sad, all for people to switch to crap ass LEDs.  :curse: ::)

However, they're still making the
M400A.

Discontinued:

https://products.gecurrent.com/outdoor-lighting/street-roadway/m-400-roadway-luminaire-with-cutoff-optics

https://products.gecurrent.com/outdoor-lighting/street-roadway/m-250a2-powr-door-roadway-luminaire

https://products.gecurrent.com/outdoor-lighting/street-roadway/m-250r2-roadway-luminaire

https://products.gecurrent.com/outdoor-lighting/street-roadway/201sa-unit-pack-roadway-luminaire

GE HID fixtures still being made:

https://products.gecurrent.com/outdoor-lighting/street-roadway/m-400a-powr-door-roadway-luminaire
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 03:39:00 PM by lightinglover8902 » Logged

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE has discontinued their classic HID street lights, except one. « Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 03:40:41 PM » Author: funkybulb
I wish they not stop making the SA201  that one can be ballastless just a bracket and Mogul socket for those Just came out ED shape LED flilament bulb.  It would be no different and u can still change out lamps or go incandescent with ease.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

The Cooper OVX

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE has discontinued their HID street lights, except one. « Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 05:30:23 PM » Author: The Cooper OVX
That sucks but I understand that because most municipalities do not install them. LED is the way of the future because of its superior efficiency over HID but I do hate that they stopped making HID but pretty soon all HID would be gone. Im not happy about it but all good things sadly come to an end. TBH they could of just made cut-off LED versions though.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 05:33:42 PM by The Cooper OVX » Logged

Common HPS fixture in many cities. slowly being phased out.

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: GE has discontinued their HID street lights, except one. « Reply #3 on: September 06, 2020, 05:33:58 PM » Author: HPS_250
That’s really sad to see. I never even thought that a fixture as awesome and common as the M-250R2 would be permanently discontinued. LEDs have gone way too far.  :'( :'( :(

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE has discontinued their HID street lights, except one. « Reply #4 on: September 06, 2020, 10:25:40 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Oh no my friend.  The LEDs are going to go a lot further.  a LOT further.  A few thousand people out there can't do anything to stop progress.  (for better or for worse) 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: GE has discontinued their classic HID street lights, except one. « Reply #5 on: September 06, 2020, 10:45:11 PM » Author: Cole D.
I wish they not stop making the SA201  that one can be ballastless just a bracket and Mogul socket for those Just came out ED shape LED flilament bulb.  It would be no different and u can still change out lamps or go incandescent with ease.

GE did kind of make an LED 201SA, but instead of a socket, it used the hood of a 201SA but the reflector had the LED board and heatsink built in, and clipped to the ears on the hood, with a flat glass lens.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: GE has discontinued their HID street lights, except one. « Reply #6 on: September 06, 2020, 10:51:40 PM » Author: Lumex120
Sad but I knew this was going to happen.

Unofficial LG Discord

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: GE has discontinued their HID street lights, except one. « Reply #7 on: September 06, 2020, 11:53:09 PM » Author: HPS_250
Oh no my friend.  The LEDs are going to go a lot further.  a LOT further.  A few thousand people out there can't do anything to stop progress.  (for better or for worse) 

It’s ok, I know. That’s just why I’m sad.  :(

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: GE has discontinued their HID street lights, except one. « Reply #8 on: September 07, 2020, 08:19:54 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
I bet now the AEL 115, and their other fixtures are next. :(   This is a disgrace. Look I like LED in some forms of lighting, but this is going way too far of HID and fluorescent fixtures being discontinued. >:(  People have choices you know, not every person don't want LED.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: GE has discontinued their HID street lights, except one. « Reply #9 on: September 07, 2020, 08:25:34 AM » Author: Cole D.
Unfortunately that's probably true. But my thinking is, there are little to no utility companies, buying HID fixtures anymore. In my area, the last one was Duke, but they stopped installing AEL 115 cobras early this year and only use LED now. All the other companies in my area have only install LED for a couple of years now at least.

So there really is getting to be where they have no point in making these HID fixtures anymore. And in some cases it is new regulations that require only LED fixtures to be installed, the utilities don't have a choice of what to use in some states.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 08:27:28 AM by Cole D. » Logged

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

The Cooper OVX

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE has discontinued their HID street lights, except one. « Reply #10 on: September 07, 2020, 09:18:04 AM » Author: The Cooper OVX
GE discontinued the ERSs too.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE has discontinued their HID street lights, except one. « Reply #11 on: September 07, 2020, 02:26:31 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
A shame but was bound to happen.

@The Cooper OVX: Didn't know that, guess they're collectable now.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE has discontinued their HID street lights, except one. « Reply #12 on: September 07, 2020, 03:56:18 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Ugh, 2020 keeps getting worse. Sad to hear... hope AEL hangs on.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

The Cooper OVX

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE has discontinued their HID street lights, except one. « Reply #13 on: September 07, 2020, 05:56:39 PM » Author: The Cooper OVX
Why is Florescent Lover mocking me?

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE has discontinued their HID street lights, except one. « Reply #14 on: September 07, 2020, 06:16:06 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Why is Florescent Lover mocking me?

I wasn't mocking you, I was just saying that maybe the ERSs will have value in the future since they have been discontinued. Sorry if my wording offended you - that wasn't my intention.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 06:23:50 PM by fluorescent lover 40 » Logged
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies