Author Topic: Want your opintion on somethign lighting related of great importance  (Read 1733 times)
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Want your opintion on somethign lighting related of great importance « on: September 22, 2020, 10:06:11 PM » Author: Bulbman256
So Lumex120 posted these lights. I think I live closet to the seller and wanted to pick these up. To make the trip worth it (i don't need 30 nema heads) and try to break even buying these would you buy a nema head complete for around $10-15+shipping? Want to know this info so i don't just have a few dozen mercury nema heads as i intend to only keep 2-3 and maybe some other lights. Your opinion is greatly appreciated! 8) :D

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Want your opintion on somethign lighting related of great importance « Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 10:18:25 PM » Author: joseph_125
For me it'll depend ultimately on how much it'll end up costing to ship it to Canada, so maybe a NEMA head as cobraheads are typically too cost prohibitive to ship to Canada.
Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Want your opintion on somethign lighting related of great importance « Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 10:34:00 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
For me, it depends on my parents and the cost of shipping. If both of those are in my favor, I would like one NEMA head.

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neil Peart

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Want your opintion on somethign lighting related of great importance « Reply #3 on: September 23, 2020, 02:01:54 PM » Author: Lumex120
I might be interested in the 113 or the OV-15 if it ends up being in one piece. (I only see the top part to it in the pictures, no door).

Unofficial LG Discord

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Want your opintion on somethign lighting related of great importance « Reply #4 on: September 23, 2020, 09:01:37 PM » Author: Cole D.
Yes, I would definitely be interested in one or two older mercury NEMAs, depending on what the shipping was. But I don't think it would be that high, from past experience. I don't really collect floods or cobras though, due to space.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 09:05:22 PM by Cole D. » Logged

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Want your opintion on somethign lighting related of great importance « Reply #5 on: September 23, 2020, 10:00:34 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Thank you all for your responses! I want to have good reason to transport and store all of these as it would take a huge amount of effort and i need to have solid evidence to give to my parents that i can get these out of my hands as to not take up a huge amount of space in my house. Anyone know any good efficient storage method for streetlights? :wndr: I will try to get these but there's no guarantee of me getting them but the more people willing to get a light from me and take up less storage space the more likely I would have the ability to rescue and redistribute them. Asking about the supposed demand for these lights is a bit of market research to see if this would be thesable. One again thank you for your responses and patience!   :D 8) :gumbal:

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Want your opintion on somethign lighting related of great importance « Reply #6 on: September 23, 2020, 10:38:27 PM » Author: Lumex120
I looked at the map again and realized they are actually a bit closer to me than you.  :-[ I really would like to get these and distribute them here, the problem is I have next to zero space in my current situation (and I'm going to probably have to narrow down what I currently have soon).

If you do end up getting these, I can't imagine you will have a hard time selling them off especially if you were to make a buy-it-now eBay listing or something with multiple available.

Unofficial LG Discord

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Want your opintion on somethign lighting related of great importance « Reply #7 on: September 24, 2020, 12:14:28 AM » Author: joseph_125
I think for storage at least with the NEMA heads, you'll be able to store them if you pop the buckets off and detach any mounting arms if they're still attached. I suppose you'll be able to pack them in a little tighter if you take the lamp sockets off and stuff it inside the fixture being careful not to damage it or the ballast.
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Want your opintion on somethign lighting related of great importance « Reply #8 on: September 24, 2020, 08:19:28 PM » Author: Cole D.
I think for storage at least with the NEMA heads, you'll be able to store them if you pop the buckets off and detach any mounting arms if they're still attached. I suppose you'll be able to pack them in a little tighter if you take the lamp sockets off and stuff it inside the fixture being careful not to damage it or the ballast.

That's what I do, as sometimes I store the NEMA head inside the bucket. This is why I mostly collect NEMAs, since they usually take less space, than cobras.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Want your opintion on somethign lighting related of great importance « Reply #9 on: October 14, 2020, 10:20:45 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Check teh link again. Looks like these met the fate of the scrapper unless someone else lighting inclined grabbed them :'(

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies