Author Topic: Are HID lamps from Amazon.com worth it???  (Read 1458 times)
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Are HID lamps from Amazon.com worth it??? « on: September 23, 2020, 05:37:30 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
I was looking for a 150w PSMH lamp for my wall pack, and I found a Pulsrite 150w PSMH bulb, and some of the reviews on it says that when it gets shipped, it arrives broken (with no bubblewrap or packing) that some of the reviewers said. Is it worth it? Just saying... I REALLY wana see if my wall pack works...
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 05:39:22 PM by lightinglover8902 » Logged

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are HID lamps from Amazon.com worth it??? « Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 06:23:52 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
I was looking for a 150w PSMH lamp for my wall pack, and I found a Pulsrite 150w PSMH bulb, and some of the reviews on it says that when it gets shipped, it arrives broken (with no bubblewrap or packing) that some of the reviewers said. Is it worth it? Just saying... I REALLY wana see if my wall pack works...

Amazon does seem to not pack items very well. I ordered a SOX135 lamp that arrived totally shattered. They shipped it in a long box with no packing whatsoever. I like to order lamps from 1000bulbs. They pack very well and the prices are great.
Xytrell

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are HID lamps from Amazon.com worth it??? « Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 08:53:27 PM » Author: Xytrell
I ordered a 135W LPS lamp from them back when they were $45. Arrived smashed because of no padding. I returned it and they sent another. Arrived smashed because of no padding. Repeat 2 or 3 more times before I got one intact. Ended up being $45 plus a lot of paper work and trips to the post office. Why did they insist I return a broken lamp, even after providing pictures? Probably the same bureaucratic nonsense system that keeps allowing shipment of long glass tubes without padding in the first place.

Plusrite as a brand seems okay to me though.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Are HID lamps from Amazon.com worth it??? « Reply #3 on: September 23, 2020, 09:28:33 PM » Author: joseph_125
I've ordered HID lamps from Amazon a few times.

The first time I ordered a SOX 55 and SOX 90 and both arrived intact. They wrapped the sleeves in bubble wrap and padded the box with kraft paper.

The second time it was a SOX 35, it arrived shipped loose without padding in a box. Needless to say the inner tube was smashed. I sent it back and they shipped me a replacement one which was padded this time and it arrived intact.

The third time I ordered a Sunlite 100w mogul based MV lamp, it came wrapped in bubble wrap and was fine.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 11:53:39 PM by joseph_125 » Logged
High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are HID lamps from Amazon.com worth it??? « Reply #4 on: September 23, 2020, 09:40:02 PM » Author: High Intensity
I've ordered a few lamps from Amazon, and have never had one arrive damaged, i think it depends on the seller how well the lamp will be packed as most of the lamps i bought have been pretty well packed, except my most recent lamp, which happens to be a 135w SOX, but that one still survived and works fine.
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Are HID lamps from Amazon.com worth it??? « Reply #5 on: September 23, 2020, 10:14:00 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
TBH, I kinda don't want to try it, because of the reviews saying it arrived broken... But IDK if I wana do it.  :-\

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Are HID lamps from Amazon.com worth it??? « Reply #6 on: September 23, 2020, 11:52:08 PM » Author: joseph_125
I think regular HID lamps are fine, it's just the more fragile SOX lamps that might get broken if poorly packed.
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Are HID lamps from Amazon.com worth it??? « Reply #7 on: October 16, 2020, 10:35:18 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Anything shipped through their fulfilment centres will have been packed hurriedly with no real thought to the fragility of the contents  :curse:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies