Author Topic: My Lowes switched wiring device brand  (Read 1825 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
My Lowes switched wiring device brand « on: October 02, 2020, 10:05:30 PM » Author: Cole D.
I went today, to the local Lowes, and they switched wiring device brands from Pass & Seymour/Legrand, to the EATON (Cooper) line of wiring devices. Just wondering if anyone else noticed a change where you are. Home Depot still sells the Leviton brand.

I bought one of the pull chain lampholders (they still sell both plastic and porcelain lampholders in the keyless, pull chain or pull chain and grounded convenience outlet configurations, as well as cleat lampholders). And I also bought a grounded duplex receptacle. I like their duplex receptacles since they look identical to the Eagle receptacles (at least the faces, I'll have to compare with one of the Eagles I had already to see if the rest is the same) since Cooper bought out Eagle at some point.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: My Lowes switched wiring device brand « Reply #1 on: October 03, 2020, 05:59:34 AM » Author: CEB1993
That’s very interesting! Home Depot carries both Leviton and Eaton components. I’ll be starting my new job in electrical/lighting at a local Lowes, so I’ll soon become really familiar with their latest electrical brand acquisitions.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My Lowes switched wiring device brand « Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 10:24:00 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
FYI , the guy in lighting at my local Lowes told me he had been instructed to push LED when a customer asks about other lighting forms . I was there trying to find non integrated LED 4" gimbal trim for the recessed lights on my front porch . He told me all that was available was LED and gave me the "LED is great and lasts forever" song & dance . I explained my reason for wanting standard gimbal trim was the fact that all 3 of the existing integrated LED trims I had FAILED in less than 3 years and I wanted something of which I could use whatever light source I wanted . He then told he about his "company training " and said " you didn't hear this from me , log onto USA light.com , they will have what you need". I went home and looked and sure enough , they had exactly what I wanted for less than I had originally paid for the old LED trims I had !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: My Lowes switched wiring device brand « Reply #3 on: October 08, 2020, 01:06:30 AM » Author: icefoglights
Lowe's is funny with their wiring devices.  Every Home Depot that I've ever been to, as long as I have been going to Home Depot, has carried Leviton.  Pretty simple.  My local Lowe's (Alaska) used to carry Eagle/Cooper, than they briefly went to Hubbell, than as recently as last summer, carried Eaton with some Hubbell.  In my travels, it seemed to vary depending on where I went.  11 years ago, Lowe's in Southwest Louisiana also carried Cooper.  When I was back in Louisiana a few years ago, I noticed that more southern locations, like Baton Rouge or Sulfur carried P&S/Legand, while more northern locations, like Leesville and Ruston carried Hubbell.  Texas was confusing too.  Southeast Texas, around Houston (Beaumont, Conroe, Humble, Jasper, Livingston) carried Hubbell.  More northern and western locations, like Corpus Christi, Edinburg and Texarkana were like Alaska, with mostly Eaton with a little Hubbell mixed in.  Locations in Winchester, VA and Martinsburg, WV carried Hubbell as recently as February, but when I was back in the area a month ago, they had gone Eaton.  However, the location in Frederick, MD had P&S/Legrand.  Upon my return to Alaska, my local Lowe's had dropped Hubbell and gone 100% Eaton.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: My Lowes switched wiring device brand « Reply #4 on: October 08, 2020, 04:26:34 PM » Author: joseph_125
Hmm interesting. Over here Lowe's has always only carried P&S/Legrand since they opened in Canada in 2007. I think they flipped flopped a bit with their lamps between GE, Sylvania and Feit though.
icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: My Lowes switched wiring device brand « Reply #5 on: October 08, 2020, 04:39:26 PM » Author: icefoglights
As far as bulbs are concerned, they used to be primarily Sylvania and Utilitech (store brand) with some Feit oddballs, but now has gone GE and Utilitech.  That seems to have been pretty consistent across the stores I've been to.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My Lowes switched wiring device brand « Reply #6 on: October 08, 2020, 05:18:38 PM » Author: Ash
Have any of you ever seen European-made NEMA-standard devices in the wild or on sale ?

European devices are made fo different form factors, however one of them (the modular 3-gang frame) happens to be compatible with the US 1-gang box, installed sideways. Also, at least some model lineups do have a NEMA receptacle device available, mostly as "special application" stuff like here (the 120V 20A, 240V, etc receptacles are available too)

I have seen the occasional US wiring device in some industrial setups here (things that came with machinery etc) but never in a general installation
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: My Lowes switched wiring device brand « Reply #7 on: October 18, 2020, 01:35:37 PM » Author: Cole D.
That’s very interesting! Home Depot carries both Leviton and Eaton components. I’ll be starting my new job in electrical/lighting at a local Lowes, so I’ll soon become really familiar with their latest electrical brand acquisitions.

Has the store you work in changed the aisles of its bulbs. The store here, used to have bulbs immediately on the left of the main aisle just like Home Depot. But now, they've moved the HID and fluorescent lamps to an aisle where the light fixtures are, and the other LED bulbs are in another aisle near the outdoor lights. It's really confusing, and I can't find any night lights or specialty lamps, so I have no idea where they have put those. I don't like the change at all, it makes sense to have the bulbs near the lighting department, but at the same time they aren't all in the same aisle anymore.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: My Lowes switched wiring device brand « Reply #8 on: October 18, 2020, 01:36:20 PM » Author: Cole D.
Have any of you ever seen European-made NEMA-standard devices in the wild or on sale ?

European devices are made fo different form factors, however one of them (the modular 3-gang frame) happens to be compatible with the US 1-gang box, installed sideways. Also, at least some model lineups do have a NEMA receptacle device available, mostly as "special application" stuff like here (the 120V 20A, 240V, etc receptacles are available too)

I have seen the occasional US wiring device in some industrial setups here (things that came with machinery etc) but never in a general installation

I haven't noticed any, but I have seen people installing the UK-style 220V outlets to power specialty imported equipment.

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: My Lowes switched wiring device brand « Reply #9 on: October 20, 2020, 12:06:17 AM » Author: icefoglights
Lowe's store in Salem, OR is all Eaton too.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My Lowes switched wiring device brand « Reply #10 on: October 20, 2020, 09:11:07 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Haven’t bought outlets for a while there. They had Leviton and Eaton.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies