Author Topic: Eichler outdoor Bulb & Mount  (Read 1563 times)
Luckyword

View Posts
View Gallery

Eichler outdoor Bulb & Mount « on: October 12, 2020, 06:46:28 PM » Author: Luckyword
Hi, I'm looking for a Mount and Round Bulb similar to what is in these pics - https://imgur.com/a/oRAKcl5 - if you have any leads on where I may be able to find a similar bulb and mount, please let me know. Thanks.
Miles

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Eichler outdoor Bulb & Mount « Reply #1 on: November 05, 2020, 02:26:09 AM » Author: Miles
Hi, these aren't bulbs, they're simply a flush mount base holding a glass globe sconce encasing a regular light bulb.

Eichlers were outfitted with Prescolite, Progress Lighting or Moe Lighting to name a few, as well as Virden in some occasions. So if you care about architectural and historical accuracy for your Eichler, narrow your search to those name brands. They will be on the expensive side on premium antique sites but easy to find, and on the cheap side for places like eBay or Craigslist, but not always named or described properly.
If they're not an exact match, you can always strip and / or paint the metal base, since Eichler's fixtures were usually black.

Keywords for your search, use interchangeably "flush mount, milk glass globe, midcentury globe, vintage globe sconce" etc.

Lastly, here's something a tad different, but well appropriate that might work well.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies