Author Topic: Desire to find certain European HID lamps at ReStores  (Read 997 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Desire to find certain European HID lamps at ReStores « on: October 14, 2020, 10:05:31 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Are there any members who would like to see certain European HID lamps appearing in ReStores? Personally, if I found a SO/H lamp at a ReStore I would grab it for my collection.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Desire to find certain European HID lamps at ReStores « Reply #1 on: December 06, 2020, 05:02:50 PM » Author: Binarix128
It's pretty unlikely that ReStores own European lighting or products in general because as far as I know, they get their products by clearances or donations by local stores, or people in general, that are likely to donate products locally available.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Desire to find certain European HID lamps at ReStores « Reply #2 on: December 06, 2020, 05:14:10 PM » Author: joseph_125
I've seen some real oddball stuff at the Restores here including odd European lamps that somehow made it here. They were mostly donated by businesses that ordered a few for a specific use and then had the remainder sat in storage for years before they finally decided to donate it.

Stuff I've found include:

- some 130v B22 incandescent lamps
- odd length fluorescent lamps, including some made to a metric length standard (ex 1200mm instead of 4ft), I think I might have a couple of Thorn lamps that are like this. Also found 10ft fluorescent lamps once.
- European spec HID lamps, including 400w SON and a 1000W MBI/BU
- 125w mercury lamps but then those were actually used here

Granted there were some old British luminaires still in service around here so I probably encountered comparatively more foreign lighting compared to someone living elsewhere. 
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies