Author Topic: How to change a 2D bulb in a British 2D bathroom fixture  (Read 2193 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
How to change a 2D bulb in a British 2D bathroom fixture « on: October 15, 2020, 12:49:52 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Has anyone seen this video on how to change 2D bulbs?

See here:

https://youtu.be/YGLbknXVSPY

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: How to change a 2D bulb in a British 2D bathroom fixture « Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 02:55:48 AM » Author: dor123
It is much easier than I thought it is. But not all 2D lamps have 4 pins. Some have two pins and a glow starter inside.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How to change a 2D bulb in a British 2D bathroom fixture « Reply #2 on: October 15, 2020, 03:10:55 AM » Author: High Intensity
My favorite part is when the "new" lamp is installed and it's clearly the exact same lamp that was just pulled out.
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How to change a 2D bulb in a British 2D bathroom fixture « Reply #3 on: October 15, 2020, 04:32:42 PM » Author: Ash
It's supposed to be easy, but the old Thorn "22DD" logo lamps lasted so long, that by the time the tube EOLs the plastic would become so brittle that it crumbles when touched
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: How to change a 2D bulb in a British 2D bathroom fixture « Reply #4 on: October 17, 2020, 09:21:02 AM » Author: Rommie
It is much easier than I thought it is. But not all 2D lamps have 4 pins. Some have two pins and a glow starter inside.
Indeed. We have a mixture of fixtures (!) here with both types of lamp. You have to be careful when buying replacement lamps.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: How to change a 2D bulb in a British 2D bathroom fixture « Reply #5 on: October 17, 2020, 02:46:45 PM » Author: AngryHorse
 :lol: :lol:, and the wholesale would tell you you’re fitting is inefficient and push an LED version onto you instead!

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: How to change a 2D bulb in a British 2D bathroom fixture « Reply #6 on: October 17, 2020, 02:48:21 PM » Author: Rommie
:lol: :lol:, and the wholesale would tell you you’re fitting is inefficient and push an LED version onto you instead!
And some people would believe them  :-\ ::)

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies