Author Topic: Forum Upgrade  (Read 3808 times)
Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Forum Upgrade « on: October 17, 2020, 06:04:01 PM » Author: Patrick
We have upgraded to a new version of the Simple Machines Forum.  If you discover any issues, do not hesitate to report them to us.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Forum Upgrade « Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 06:07:07 PM » Author: Rommie
Looking ok so far, hopefully all will be ok  :cat:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Forum Upgrade « Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 06:09:06 PM » Author: Bulbman256
What where the improvements? I Just got online and i already spotted new icons for the various forum text options. You guys got done pretty fast, good job. :bulbman:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Forum Upgrade « Reply #3 on: October 17, 2020, 06:16:40 PM » Author: Binarix128
I'm not seeing much difference in the phone version for now.
Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Forum Upgrade « Reply #4 on: October 17, 2020, 07:29:08 PM » Author: Patrick
Simple Machines has notes regarding the changes.  A number of the improvements are on the administrative side or behind-the-scenes, so yes by and large it should work like before.  The major visible change would have been the Curve theme, but we are using our own custom theme.  Therefore the upgrade won't change the look and feel for us significantly.  To give the site a facelift, we would need to revamp the theme ourselves, or switch to a different SMF theme that is offered to the public.

The most likely issues you'd encounter would be incompatibilities between our theme and SMF.  There were many spots where code changes were required due to differences in the various functions and options available for theme templates to interact with in the current version.  I believe I caught most of these, but it is possible I overlooked a few in the process.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Forum Upgrade « Reply #5 on: October 19, 2020, 07:58:13 AM » Author: rjluna2
I see we have Bug Report tree here at https://www.lighting-gallery.net/index.php?board=24.0 :)

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies