Author Topic: Informative video on SOX lighting  (Read 2157 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Informative video on SOX lighting « on: October 18, 2020, 11:06:19 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Has anyone learned any valuable information from watching this video on SOX street lighting:

https://youtu.be/sfCGyiLOKu4

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Ugly1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Informative video on SOX lighting « Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 01:12:02 PM » Author: Ugly1
Would anyone have any information on the 18 watt fixture that was shown in this video? I worked as an  electrician for a large municipal agency in New York City. We had a large number of buildings that we maintained and we were always installing vaportight incandescent fixtures outside. I was able to get my purchasing department to order 300 18 watt LPS
fixtures. I wanted the Norelco fixture, but they absolutely refused to buy them. They instead agreed to purchase the fixture
shown in the video. It was made in Great Britain and was equipped with a Robertson 120 volt, 60 Hz. ballast. I can’t remember the manufacturer, but I do remember the City paid $40 each, including the 18 watt Sox lamp.(This was the middle 1980’s).

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Informative video on SOX lighting « Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 01:33:56 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Would anyone have any information on the 18 watt fixture that was shown in this video? I worked as an  electrician for a large municipal agency in New York City. We had a large number of buildings that we maintained and we were always installing vaportight incandescent fixtures outside. I was able to get my purchasing department to order 300 18 watt LPS
fixtures. I wanted the Norelco fixture, but they absolutely refused to buy them. They instead agreed to purchase the fixture
shown in the video. It was made in Great Britain and was equipped with a Robertson 120 volt, 60 Hz. ballast. I can’t remember the manufacturer, but I do remember the City paid $40 each, including the 18 watt Sox lamp.(This was the middle 1980’s).

The 18w fixture was a GEC Nightwatch wall pack or “bulkhead” as they call it in the UK.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Ugly1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Informative video on SOX lighting « Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 02:54:41 PM » Author: Ugly1
Thanks!
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies