Author Topic: ( Fixed ) - Attachments in posts currently not working  (Read 4771 times)
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

( Fixed ) - Attachments in posts currently not working « on: October 19, 2020, 05:31:23 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Unfortunately the ability to post attachements in your topics is broken for the time being. Attempts to do so may cause an error message.

In addition, the old way of linking images manually [ img] [ /img] no longer works and shows a size thing instead... to my frustration and failed attempts.....

Will update when this is fixed. We apologize for the inconvenience.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 01:01:38 AM by Lightingguy1994 » Logged

Administrator #5

Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: A heads up - Attachments in posts currently not working « Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 08:23:34 PM » Author: Patrick
I switched off resizing of attachments, which seems to work around the issue.  However, a consequence of that is big images will appear very big on the page.  Hopefully there's a better solution.  SMF isn't logging anything as far as I can tell, and despite failing on the real server it works just fine on my own system.

By the way, what's "a size thing"?  I haven't seen that.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: A heads up - Attachments in posts currently not working « Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 09:39:40 PM » Author: Patrick
Attachments should be working normally again with resizing enabled.  A PHP module SMF wanted was not enabled, so it was trying to load it dynamically, which failed and it crashed.  Enabling it fixed the problem.

Lighting-Gallery.net

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: A heads up - Attachments in posts currently not working « Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 12:50:34 AM » Author: Lightingguy1994

By the way, what's "a size thing"?  I haven't seen that.

When I try to use the code [ img] [ /img] ......(spaces added to allow it to post) it makes the text after it bigger and bolder and once posted, it changes to [ /size]  .....(spaced added).

Example below.

[/size]https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/albums/userpics/11585/normal_20201019_143625.jpg [/size]
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 12:54:26 AM by Lightingguy1994 » Logged

Administrator #5

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: A heads up - Attachments in posts currently not working « Reply #4 on: October 20, 2020, 01:00:57 AM » Author: Lightingguy1994
When I do this on our test area, it does not make the text bolder and bigger and does not show the [ /size] , it just doesn't show anything at all when posted there.

Administrator #5

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: ( Fixed ) - Attachments in posts currently not working « Reply #5 on: October 20, 2020, 10:24:05 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Update:

To whom' reads this. My issue was not with the site itself, it was because the WYSIWYG editor was enabled by default in my profile by accident. It has been fixed and now my issue is solved. I hope this helps anyone else who may encounter this issue. You can tell if the WYSIWYG editor was enabled if this button is clicked. Thank goodness thats fixed!  :lol:

Administrator #5

Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: ( Fixed ) - Attachments in posts currently not working « Reply #6 on: October 20, 2020, 10:24:37 PM » Author: Patrick
Note you can swap back and forth between editor modes while composing a message, and the profile preferences is the checkbox under Profile -> Look and Layout preferences labeled "Show WYSIWYG editor on post page by default."
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 10:26:50 PM by Patrick » Logged

Lighting-Gallery.net

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: ( Fixed ) - Attachments in posts currently not working « Reply #7 on: October 23, 2020, 08:31:27 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Boy was I mad when that happened to me!

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies