Author Topic: Defective fluorescent light fixture rant  (Read 2143 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Defective fluorescent light fixture rant « on: October 22, 2020, 01:04:03 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Has anyone seen this video on someone ranting about how defective their fluorescent shop light is?

Here is the video:

https://youtu.be/lBaLh1sFHNA

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Defective fluorescent light fixture rant « Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 01:21:06 AM » Author: tolivac
Usually this man posts excellent videos on repairing-restoring Older radios,TVs and record players.First video about lights.He may have a point,though.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Defective fluorescent light fixture rant « Reply #2 on: October 24, 2020, 01:22:27 AM » Author: suzukir122
I've actually owned a fluorescent fixture with the same electronic ballast. I even still have a picture of it, that I haven't
uploaded to LG yet. I burned that ballast out rather quickly. Also, not only did that ballast have filament fusing EOL protection,
I think I also remember it being series circuited.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Defective fluorescent light fixture rant « Reply #3 on: October 24, 2020, 03:58:33 AM » Author: High Intensity
I think I have the exact same make/model shop light as the one he's ranting about.

In fact, here is a photo of it, i have not used the fixture in some time, but i do remember the sockets being very stiff. I could never get T12 lamps to fit in it due to them being too big to get a good grip on when rotating them, so i'm surprised he got them in at all, but one of the dozen or so stickers says to only use T8 lamps.

I think the fixture itself might be a Cooper/Metalux make, but i could be wrong.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies