Author Topic: Vegan Fried Chicken Sandwhich  (Read 3767 times)
The Cooper OVX

View Posts
View Gallery

Vegan Fried Chicken Sandwhich « on: October 26, 2020, 03:25:35 PM » Author: The Cooper OVX
I made myself a vegan fried chicken sandwhich out of seitan. Have any of you tried that and would any of you guys like to?

Here is a video of me making it if you are interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLzxrzFCyOs

Common HPS fixture in many cities. slowly being phased out.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Vegan Fried Chicken Sandwhich « Reply #1 on: October 27, 2020, 03:05:27 AM » Author: Medved
I made myself a vegan fried chicken sandwhich out of seitan. Have any of you tried that and would any of you guys like to?

Here is a video of me making it if you are interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLzxrzFCyOs

??? So was it vegan or chicken?

No more selfballasted c***

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Vegan Fried Chicken Sandwhich « Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 04:11:43 AM » Author: suzukir122
Yeah I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little bit confused too. If it's real chicken, it can't be vegan.
Unless I'm missing something, vegan based foods should not contain any meat.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Vegan Fried Chicken Sandwhich « Reply #3 on: October 27, 2020, 09:11:15 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
My understanding of the term 'vegan' means that nothing comes from an animal, including eggs and milk.  :wndr:
Vegetarians on the other hand do drink milk and eat eggs.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 11:37:14 AM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Vegan Fried Chicken Sandwhich « Reply #4 on: October 27, 2020, 09:45:59 AM » Author: Rommie
My understanding of the term 'vegan' means that nothing comes from an animal, including eggs and milk.  :wndr:
Vegetarians on the other hand do drink milk and eat eggs.

Unless you're like the minister of the church I  used to go to. He hated eggs, and used to refer to them as 'chicken periods' which always set us off giggling like schoolgirls  :lol:
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 11:37:34 AM by sox35 » Logged

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Vegan Fried Chicken Sandwhich « Reply #5 on: October 27, 2020, 12:25:06 PM » Author: Binarix128
Some food companies are creating vegan mayonnaise, meat and other things. What if some day they create a synthetic meat that tastes and feels exactly like real meat? Would it be vegan if you consume "synthetic animal products", that are chemically similar to animal products but it's made from other sources? That's more like a philosophical topic.
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Vegan Fried Chicken Sandwhich « Reply #6 on: October 27, 2020, 12:35:19 PM » Author: Lumex120
Some food companies are creating vegan mayonnaise, meat and other things. What if some day they create a synthetic meat that tastes and feels exactly like real meat? Would it be vegan if you consume "synthetic animal products", that are chemically similar to animal products but it's made from other sources? That's more like a philosophical topic.
I would absolutely choose "fake" meat that's made of the same stuff as "real" meat over animal products. I don't know if it could be considered vegan though because sometimes to make this sort of stuff you have to take cells or other parts from live animals. This can be done without harming them, but vegans won't eat eggs or milk products either (even if they come from sources where the animals are treated well) so I don't think it could be considered vegan.

Unofficial LG Discord

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: Vegan Fried Chicken Sandwhich « Reply #7 on: October 27, 2020, 12:46:55 PM » Author: Binarix128
I think they will consume animal products that are created in a laboratory, even if they had to study an actual animal. Vegan mayonnaise and vegan meat are quite a good seller here for example. And vegan products are getting cheaper and are moving out the actual animal products slowly. Even if the research for such products is expensive, producing products from plants is extremely cheap, and the special machines that are used to make such products will become cheap also.
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Vegan Fried Chicken Sandwhich « Reply #8 on: October 27, 2020, 12:50:52 PM » Author: Medved

If it is synthetic and not from animal, it is not an animal product.
One may even argue if that could be called "meat", although that word has quite wide meaning in some places...

I see nothing wrong if someone likes chemically processed beans instead of <insert any animal here> meat, but then it just can not be called <that animal> meat anymore...

No more selfballasted c***

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: Vegan Fried Chicken Sandwhich « Reply #9 on: October 27, 2020, 01:03:37 PM » Author: Binarix128
Here, by law, substitute products can't be called as the real products, for example, vegan mayonaise will be called "mayonnaise kind vegan dressing" or "cheese substitute based on <insert source>" or "milk kind drink based on <insert source>".
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Vegan Fried Chicken Sandwhich « Reply #10 on: October 27, 2020, 01:14:30 PM » Author: Rommie
As a confirmed carnivore, I just had a thought. If everyone stopped eating beef, what would happen to all the cattle reared for the purpose..?

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Vegan Fried Chicken Sandwhich « Reply #11 on: October 27, 2020, 06:30:47 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I would absolutely choose "fake" meat that's made of the same stuff as "real" meat over animal products. I don't know if it could be considered vegan though because sometimes to make this sort of stuff you have to take cells or other parts from live animals. This can be done without harming them, but vegans won't eat eggs or milk products either (even if they come from sources where the animals are treated well) so I don't think it could be considered vegan.

Sorry, I could help it  : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUvXIqWaIRA

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Vegan Fried Chicken Sandwhich « Reply #12 on: October 27, 2020, 10:31:52 PM » Author: Bulbman256
As a confirmed carnivore, I just had a thought. If everyone stopped eating beef, what would happen to all the cattle reared for the purpose..?

Yes, this is its own moral issue if we all stop then the cows will have to be put down anyway. Really makes this a complicated matter. :wndr:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Vegan Fried Chicken Sandwhich « Reply #13 on: October 28, 2020, 03:37:25 PM » Author: Ash
People go veggie on individual basis, so if there is a trend of going veggie in the general population, it is slow enough to follow by the quantity of cows bred. The "extra" cows will never exist in the first place
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Vegan Fried Chicken Sandwhich « Reply #14 on: October 28, 2020, 06:03:36 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
People go veggie on individual basis, so if there is a trend of going veggie in the general population, it is slow enough to follow by the quantity of cows bred. The "extra" cows will never exist in the first place
For as long as there is demand for beef for consumption, then there will be cattle reared for that purpose.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies