Author Topic: Were there any choke ballasts designed for F90T17 lamps?  (Read 1409 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Were there any choke ballasts designed for F90T17 lamps? « on: October 30, 2020, 03:03:06 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I wonder if there actually was such a thing as a series choke that was designed for a single F90T17 lamp on 120v 60hz mains? I would imagine that a F90T17 lamp would be compatible with series chokes on 120v 60hz mains because these lamps have a nominal arc voltage of 60v which is close to the operating voltage seen on American HPS lamps from 35w-150w S55 and those lamps did sometimes operate on 120v chokes as well.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Were there any choke ballasts designed for F90T17 lamps? « Reply #1 on: October 30, 2020, 03:00:41 PM » Author: funkybulb
 Problem is it bit problematic on 120 volt to start on a choke
 So ballast is stepped up a bit with boosted OCV to start more reliable

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies