Author Topic: CalTrans Soffit Luminaire Details  (Read 1621 times)
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
CalTrans Soffit Luminaire Details « on: October 31, 2020, 01:36:08 PM » Author: joseph_125
So I've done some digging around and it seems like the trademark CalTran underpass soffit luminaires are made by a company called Sequoia Lighting and they have a bunch of spec sheets for them. Their site is a little broken so I direct linked the spec sheets below.

Cast Aluminum Housing

Century 2000 Soffit Luminaire Overview

Cross Sections and Catalogue Numbers

Remote Ballast Box for Soffit Luminaires

Soffit Luminaire Accessories

Soffit Luminaire Glass Refractors

Soffit Luminaire Ballast Kits

Apparently a LED retrofit kit was also made but I haven't been able to find any details about it.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: CalTrans Soffit Luminaire Details « Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 07:26:02 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Thanks for finding out who made these! :) Would be cool to find an older spec sheet that shows the mercury options and the flat glass.

I've also seen some of these pendant mounted as well.
LampLover

View Posts
View Gallery
120/240VAC @ 60HZ

GoL PeterYachymczyk UCYBAif_ag4v8nIcCU3VAmag
Re: CalTrans Soffit Luminaire Details « Reply #2 on: November 06, 2020, 10:57:27 PM » Author: LampLover
So I've done some digging around and it seems like the trademark CalTran underpass soffit luminaires are made by a company called Sequoia Lighting and they have a bunch of spec sheets for them. Their site is a little broken so I direct linked the spec sheets below.

Cast Aluminum Housing

Century 2000 Soffit Luminaire Overview

Cross Sections and Catalogue Numbers

Remote Ballast Box for Soffit Luminaires

Soffit Luminaire Accessories

Soffit Luminaire Glass Refractors

Soffit Luminaire Ballast Kits

Apparently a LED retrofit kit was also made but I haven't been able to find any details about it.

Thank You I saved these PDF files encase they go down due to "Link-rot" as in the URL changes or the site goes down. I hate that manufactures can't find any information on old discontinued items on their own web page as in no records or matches electronics makers are especially true about that.

LED Free Zone!
All For HID, magnetic rapid-start Preheat & old-school electronic Only (no instant start F17T8 & F32T8 allowed)

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: CalTrans Soffit Luminaire Details « Reply #3 on: November 06, 2020, 11:49:43 PM » Author: joseph_125
No problem, I was pretty interested the details of them too. Yeah I don't know how much longer they'll be online so I recommend saving the PDF files to your computer. They shouldn't take up that much room on your computer.

Yeah agreed, finding spec sheets for discontinued stuff is hard sometimes. More often than not, it seems like the distributors are more likely to have older spec sheets online or at least for the stuff I've searched for like older (mid 2000s) luminaires and ballasts.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies