Author Topic: Interest in vintage UK Low Pressure Sodium street lanterns  (Read 1270 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Interest in vintage UK Low Pressure Sodium street lanterns « on: November 03, 2020, 05:45:44 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
After looking at some of the interesting designs of some of Britain’s early LPS street lanterns, I am really falling in love with them. Some of my wanted British LPS lanterns include the 60w SLI/H version of the GEC Clearside and the Revo Silvergold lanterns for 45w and 60w SO/H lamps. Where is the best place I can acquire them besides eBay?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Interest in vintage UK Low Pressure Sodium street lanterns « Reply #1 on: November 03, 2020, 08:58:45 AM » Author: funkybulb
 Thorn EMI was in the US  back in the 80s sold mostly Sox and Hid stuff but it hard to find US market ones and they also redesign to fit American arms ,   You also want look for LPS stuff on Canada Ebay as Canada had more British relationship
 Than US does  on craigslist  or Facebook market place.  Facebook allow u talk to other collectors so u can ask people
And gain more knowlage.  U will lessen asking small questions
On LG.     In the US market  there things like Verdaray sox lantern,  GEC Nightwatch,  Philips goldfinger,  Thorn Alpha 4
Gamma 6,  Sox 55er ( American market Beta 2 with US gear)
Then u got the American Electric SRX sox street light, and U got palmar/ spaulding sox. 

Do your self a favor find me under Facebook that Id PM u once
 I will then point u out to one of British/American Iights ,  and save your self from from all those small questions and have a sensable converstation with Multiple lighting collector.  That way u can reduce some of your small silly posting every day that kind irritate people on LG.   

I am going go grab my thorn 55er

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Interest in vintage UK Low Pressure Sodium street lanterns « Reply #2 on: November 03, 2020, 02:23:01 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I did find you on facebook and I still would like to be referred to by my lighting gallery username.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies