Author Topic: LPS looking GE M400A2 cutoff HPS lanterns at disneyland  (Read 2435 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
LPS looking GE M400A2 cutoff HPS lanterns at disneyland « on: November 07, 2020, 03:20:49 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Does anyone have any memories of seeing any GE M400A2 cutoff HPS lanterns that appeared to have a LPS glow to them at Disneyland in Anaheim, CA, USA?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LPS looking GE M400A2 cutoff HPS lanterns at disneyland « Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 08:17:10 PM » Author: High Intensity
Yep, and as far as I know, they still exist.

I got a close look at one last time I was up there and noticed that the FCO lenses appeared to be yellowed (or they had some sort of yellow filter).
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: LPS looking GE M400A2 cutoff HPS lanterns at disneyland « Reply #2 on: November 07, 2020, 09:27:05 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I have a 48 volt one on you tube that one more instant started but u can see cathode get heated up as well

But 12 volt version have more of a start up flicker

Here video for 48 volt DC rapid start
  https://youtu.be/WIvHY9E02Cs
l

Be careful as this statement is off topic and it is mainly talking about the LPS looking lanterns at disneyland.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: LPS looking GE M400A2 cutoff HPS lanterns at disneyland « Reply #3 on: November 07, 2020, 09:49:36 PM » Author: HPS_250
I’ve never been there, so I don’t have any memories of these fixtures. However, they could either be some kind of custom LPS fixtures, or more likely HPS fixtures with yellowed lenses.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LPS looking GE M400A2 cutoff HPS lanterns at disneyland « Reply #4 on: November 07, 2020, 10:22:51 PM » Author: funkybulb
Wooops  not realize my post went on here
  I removed them as it off topic

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LPS looking GE M400A2 cutoff HPS lanterns at disneyland « Reply #5 on: November 08, 2020, 12:43:08 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
I've been to Disneyland a few times, haven't paid attention to the lighting there so I don't know.
High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LPS looking GE M400A2 cutoff HPS lanterns at disneyland « Reply #6 on: November 08, 2020, 04:31:02 AM » Author: High Intensity
Due to my parents and siblings being Disney nuts, I've been to both US parks (Anaheim and Orlando) many times, and as a direct result, I know most of the lighting in both parks. I've also taken photos of some of these light, but I'm not sure if I've ever posted any of those photos.

It's also why I can say with most certainty that those fixtures still exist, as the last time we went (around February or March of this year), they were still there.

I'm personally not a huge fan of the parks (mostly because I've been to both of them so many times, and they have not changed a lot lately), I mostly go now for some of the other things in the areas (Anaheim = The Restores. Orlando, The lighting items that are banned in CA).
LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: LPS looking GE M400A2 cutoff HPS lanterns at disneyland « Reply #7 on: November 09, 2020, 07:59:03 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Does anyone have any memories of seeing any GE M400A2 cutoff HPS lanterns that appeared to have a LPS glow to them at Disneyland in Anaheim, CA, USA?
Yes, I went when I was 7 years old.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: LPS looking GE M400A2 cutoff HPS lanterns at disneyland « Reply #8 on: April 25, 2021, 11:24:17 PM » Author: Econolite03
The fixtures have tinted lenses. The light standards at Disneyland’s east shuttle area were once painted different colors for each individual isle to distinguish each bus lane. Each pole color represented a bus line, and the lenses could have been tinted different colors to help guests at night find their isle for their bus line. If you look at monorail videos from the 90s you can find shots of the east shuttle area with the colored poles.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies