Author Topic: What is an "HQA" mercury vapor lamp?  (Read 67 times)
DidiusMalloricus
Newbie
*
Offline

View Posts
View Gallery

What is an "HQA" mercury vapor lamp? « on: October 05, 2026, 12:31:32 PM » Author: DidiusMalloricus
Clear mercury vapor lamps are essentially absent in the Brazilian market. They never took off around here.
However, I was looking for one to add to my collection and found this.

A clear 400W mercury lamp in ED37 shape  with this "HQA" naming.
The seller says its a UV lamp for Silk-Screening and other similar uses.

I thought "HQA" was only OSRAM'S name for their clear MV lamps.

Uploaded a picture of the "MercadoLivre" ad for the lamp.
Logged
SoxFtw
Member
***
Offline

Gender: Male
View Posts
View Gallery

"If it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid."


Re: What is an "HQA" mercury vapor lamp? « Reply #1 on: Today at 02:55:10 AM » Author: SoxFtw
Osram's line of HPMV lamps is HQL, not HQA which probably just refers to the fact it's an uncoated lamp.
See: https://www.lamptech.co.uk/Spec%20Sheets/D%20MB%20Osram%20HQA125.htm
Logged

Survivor of photokeratitis :(
If you have a question, just PM me!

dor123
Member
*****
Online

Gender: Male
View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are printers/scanners/copiers, A/Cs


WWW
Re: What is an "HQA" mercury vapor lamp? « Reply #2 on: Today at 03:10:08 AM » Author: dor123
HQA is without phosphor and HQL is with phosphor.
Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Print 
© 2005-2026 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies