Author Topic: What music do you listen?  (Read 7605 times)
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What music do you listen? « Reply #30 on: December 05, 2020, 06:06:20 PM » Author: Ash
My preferred music includes -

Trance, especially Uplifting and Psy types

Evanescence/Nightwish

Other things that can find their way into Anime AMV's... (usually still along the Evanescence/Nightwish genre)

Occasional one-off other things without particular rules

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: What music do you listen? « Reply #31 on: October 12, 2021, 06:05:31 PM » Author: Foxtronix
*bumpitty-bump*

What I grew to prefer over the years is a freaked up mix of heavy metal and classical.

I couldn't explain it. There's something about some heavy metal songs that makes them feel... almost alive! Many songs combining the electric guitar and the piano give me the goosebumps, or butterflies in the stomach...  :love:

I like songs with weird structures more and more too. One that I didn't expect to like immediately is "Exist" by Avenged Sevenfold. It ends with a speech by Neil deGrasse Tyson that made me cry the first time I listened to the song...

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What music do you listen? « Reply #32 on: October 12, 2021, 08:09:58 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Years ago when I was still living at home, I was up in my own sitting room at the top of the house listening to Classical Rock, which was tunes like 'Stairway to Heaven' but played by the London Symphony Orchestra.

Suddenly mummy shouted from downstairs, so I went to see what she wanted... :wndr:

I can't hear it was the answer, turn it up.!

So I did, giving her the full 200W RMS power of the hi-fi I had just got.  :poof:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

mefurd98

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What music do you listen? « Reply #33 on: October 13, 2021, 11:14:52 PM » Author: mefurd98
I listen to pretty much just classic rock. My car radio is always on one station "102.5 the Q" our local classic hits station or either my playlist on Apple Music. My friends say I have an old soul because I only listen to music from the 70s and 80s and I'm 23! :lol: :lol:
Gearjammer
Re: What music do you listen? « Reply #34 on: October 13, 2021, 11:36:51 PM » Author: Gearjammer
Surprised I didn't see this before.
Well like my screenname I certainly follow some death metal such as
Morbid Angel and Desultory but I like anything rock related from 70s classic rock to 80s heavy metal.
Favorites include

Led Zeppelin
The Doors
Pink Floyd
Rush
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Motorhead
Venom
Slayer
Metallica
Megadeth
Guns n Roses

Just to name a few

Some classic rock would have to be

Foreigner
Pat Benatar
Joan Jett

Classic punk rock is cool too

Along with a couple of oddities like Acid Bath and Nine Inch Nails and some White Zombie songs especially Blood, Milk, and Sky!

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What music do you listen? « Reply #35 on: October 13, 2021, 11:47:26 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Jamie some of those seem awfully familiar to me. :lol:

My tastes have changed a bit since my cringe comments of 2020, but hey i would check out king crimson if i where you. ;)

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Gearjammer
Re: What music do you listen? « Reply #36 on: October 13, 2021, 11:52:58 PM » Author: Gearjammer
Well a good song can be found almost anywhere.
Do yourself a favor and check out some of these guys.
Oh BTW  "Unforgiven" by Metallica is THE song to listen to while sitting under clear MV.
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What music do you listen? « Reply #37 on: October 13, 2021, 11:54:27 PM » Author: Bulbman256
I'll fire up one tommorow and crank the music. ;) ;D

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: What music do you listen? « Reply #38 on: October 15, 2021, 01:11:16 AM » Author: Econolite03
Hmm, I think I’ve seen a different thread about music and already responded, but anyways (IMO) here’s my summary:

70s: good, some classics.
80s: great, diverse with lots of variety.
90s: wimp rock, music for losers.
00s: better, things picked up.
10s: complete trash.
20s: can’t say it here.

Styx is not Styx without Dennis DeYoung.
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: What music do you listen? « Reply #39 on: October 15, 2021, 03:31:21 AM » Author: AngryHorse
One type of music that we love to listen to is Organ Music  :love:
This video has one of the best examples we have heard, and the organist was playing from memory, which is sight seldom seen.!!  :wndr:
Bach is slightly overrated, the best organists were French, the best organs were French, the best organ builders were French!, Aristide Cavaillé-Coll being a legend at his craft!  ;)
Now I’m not knocking Bach, he was also a legend in his own way, but the BEST piece of organ music to me ever composed has to be Henri Mulets ‘Carillon-Sortie’
https://youtu.be/9idw-UnauJQ

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What music do you listen? « Reply #40 on: October 15, 2021, 06:50:54 AM » Author: sol
On the organ theme, another lesser known is Buxtehude. He is more known for his choral music but he also wrote solo organ music. I have several recordings of his organ music but they can be hard to find (mine are all old vinyl records).
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: What music do you listen? « Reply #41 on: October 15, 2021, 07:51:38 AM » Author: AngryHorse
I’ll have to check that one out  8), by far my favourite composer has to be Charles-Camille Saint-Saëns though, now here was a master of the organ  :D

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What music do you listen? « Reply #42 on: October 15, 2021, 07:59:44 AM » Author: sol
In fact, I quite like the music of Saint-Saëns in general.  :)
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What music do you listen? « Reply #43 on: October 19, 2021, 09:50:56 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
A bunch of different stuff, my likings are kinda scattered.......

From metal -to- rock -to- pop -to- dance/club/techno/trance(I guess 'EDM' is the general term now?) -to- country  -to- even a little bit of rap
and in particular stuff from the 80's
...oh and can't forget: Christmas Music!

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What music do you listen? « Reply #44 on: October 21, 2021, 02:21:53 PM » Author: Rommie
Just had to post some links here:

Eve Selis - our amazing singer friend  :love:  also her Youtube page and one of our favourites, the best version of this song ever  :love:  8)

We also love steel pan (drum) music, check this band out: Steel Rhythm Band - this is just brilliant, just wish we could fit into those dresses  :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies