Author Topic: WANTED!!! 55W LOW PRESSURE SODIUM FIXTURE!!!  (Read 2175 times)
Metal Halide Boy

View Posts
View Gallery

WANTED!!! 55W LOW PRESSURE SODIUM FIXTURE!!! « on: November 20, 2020, 08:07:11 AM » Author: Metal Halide Boy
I am looking for a 55w Low Pressure Sodium fixture.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: WANTED!!! 55W LOW PRESSURE SODIUM FIXTURE!!! « Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 07:19:36 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

Here is some that I found on the British eBay except these are only local pickup in the UK. You should check the UK eBay regularly if you want to get low pressure sodium fixtures except you might have to change out the ballasts or source a 240v 60hz supply.

Here is a listing of the 55w low pressure sodium fixtures I was talking about:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Thorn-Beta-2-55w-SOX-Street-Light-Lantern-x-4/193696402887?hash=item2d19348dc7:g:~z0AAOSwumNfedtP

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: WANTED!!! 55W LOW PRESSURE SODIUM FIXTURE!!! « Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 11:43:43 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000

Try asking member mdcastle . He has a ton of LPS Streetlights he's gonna sell eventually .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: WANTED!!! 55W LOW PRESSURE SODIUM FIXTURE!!! « Reply #3 on: November 20, 2020, 11:52:51 PM » Author: joseph_125
That would probably be your best bet for getting one that would be equipped with 120v gear too. Even the gear is getting hard to find now imo.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: WANTED!!! 55W LOW PRESSURE SODIUM FIXTURE!!! « Reply #4 on: November 21, 2020, 04:25:29 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I often see members use Fulham workhorse ballasts to power SOX lamps. Finding 55w SOX fixtures on the British eBay will give you more chances of obtaining SOX fixtures since SOX was more commonly used in the UK.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

lights*plus

View Posts
View Gallery

George Liv Photo

GoL george.liv.37 UC_OfF2pa6aOcXLAut16jw9g
Re: WANTED!!! 55W LOW PRESSURE SODIUM FIXTURE!!! « Reply #5 on: November 29, 2020, 12:22:04 AM » Author: lights*plus
When you mean fixture, do you mean one that is ready with a plug to power up right away?
Do you have a 55w lamp? How much are you willing to spend?
Metal Halide Boy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: WANTED!!! 55W LOW PRESSURE SODIUM FIXTURE!!! « Reply #6 on: November 30, 2020, 09:12:06 AM » Author: Metal Halide Boy
When you mean fixture, do you mean one that is ready with a plug to power up right away?
Do you have a 55w lamp? How much are you willing to spend?

Provided that it is 120v 60Hz, or has a 120v tap, I can wire it up myself. I`ve got a 55W lamp. Right now I could only pay (including shipping) around $80.00, wich I realize is not very much. But I do get another $5.00 every week, plus I randomly get money sometimes.
Metal Halide Boy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: WANTED!!! 55W LOW PRESSURE SODIUM FIXTURE!!! « Reply #7 on: January 04, 2021, 09:01:54 AM » Author: Metal Halide Boy
I have around $130.00 now, just waiting to get a Low Pressure Sodium. I have to resist the temptation to spend it on other lights! :D
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: WANTED!!! 55W LOW PRESSURE SODIUM FIXTURE!!! « Reply #8 on: January 04, 2021, 10:45:03 AM » Author: Rommie
I have around $130.00 now, just waiting to get a Low Pressure Sodium. I have to resist the temptation to spend it on other lights! :D
Not the easiest temptation to resist, as we both know from experience  :mrg:

Best of luck  ;D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Metal Halide Boy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: WANTED!!! 55W LOW PRESSURE SODIUM FIXTURE!!! « Reply #9 on: January 05, 2021, 07:47:08 AM » Author: Metal Halide Boy
Before I "sell" or offer anything in the 55w sized format, I have many others that I need to refurbish. Wait a while, likely until this spring.

It`s okay, I can wait. I will just keep saving.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies