Author Topic: Fears that government officials will force you to give up your HID bulbs  (Read 2298 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Fears that government officials will force you to give up your HID bulbs « on: November 21, 2020, 06:55:35 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Does anyone have fears that some HID bulb bans will lead to some government officials snatching entire collections of non-LED bulbs and being put in prison for not using LED lighting?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Fears that government officials will force you to give up your HID bulbs « Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 07:03:44 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
NOPE ! You are free to collect anything you want (within reason) . It's called the free world for a reason !!

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Fears that government officials will force you to give up your HID bulbs « Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 08:40:21 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I do have worries about any non LED light source being cited as a building code violation.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Fears that government officials will force you to give up your HID bulbs « Reply #3 on: November 21, 2020, 08:56:37 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I wouldn't worry. as long as it's not something permanently installed , it won't be an issue.

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Fears that government officials will force you to give up your HID bulbs « Reply #4 on: November 21, 2020, 08:57:42 PM » Author: Binarix128
Bans can actually lead to ilegalize the posession of non LED lighting, but they won't knock every door and looking for bulbs in all the house, instead if they check your house only if they manage to know that you have them, as how it is done with all other illegal stuff.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Fears that government officials will force you to give up your HID bulbs « Reply #5 on: November 21, 2020, 08:59:37 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Bans can actually lead to ilegalize the posession of non LED lighting, but they won't knock every door and looking for bulbs in all the house, instead if they check your house only if they manage to know that you have them, as how it is done with all other illegal stuff.

This is one thing I fear about is laws against possessing non-LED lighting.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Fears that government officials will force you to give up your HID bulbs « Reply #6 on: November 21, 2020, 10:26:46 PM » Author: Lumex120
If it gets to that point there are going to be much bigger things to worry about than light collecting.

Unofficial LG Discord

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Fears that government officials will force you to give up your HID bulbs « Reply #7 on: November 21, 2020, 10:28:56 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
EXACTLY !!

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Fears that government officials will force you to give up your HID bulbs « Reply #8 on: November 22, 2020, 01:16:01 AM » Author: Bulbman256
I have had an idea for a short story of a person smuggling lightbulbs accross borders in my head for awile now and i might go after it.

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Fears that government officials will force you to give up your HID bulbs « Reply #9 on: November 22, 2020, 01:47:22 AM » Author: Lumex120
I have had an idea for a short story of a person smuggling lightbulbs accross borders in my head for awile now and i might go after it.
I'd totally read that.

Unofficial LG Discord

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Fears that government officials will force you to give up your HID bulbs « Reply #10 on: November 22, 2020, 02:38:41 AM » Author: Medved
I do have worries about any non LED light source being cited as a building code violation.

It wont be on an old building, as always any code version valid since the time of comission applies. So even when it becomes eventually removed from the code inthe future, what is installed today may still use todays code as the reference.

But it could be violation when newly installed at that time.

No more selfballasted c***

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Fears that government officials will force you to give up your HID bulbs « Reply #11 on: November 22, 2020, 09:20:36 AM » Author: Binarix128
It wont be on an old building, as always any code version valid since the time of comission applies. So even when it becomes eventually removed from the code inthe future, what is installed today may still use todays code as the reference.

But it could be violation when newly installed at that time.

It is not that right. If an old building is known that is not with the code will be requested to be demolished.
RCM442
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

rcm442 UC1Q-wYhi9O-1q4ugOaOZ9dA rcm442
Re: Fears that government officials will force you to give up your HID bulbs « Reply #12 on: November 22, 2020, 11:24:38 AM » Author: RCM442
Remember, it is not about quantity of posts! It is about quality!
Instead of posting a new topic for each question you have, try making one post for all the questions you have!
People looking at last forum posts seeing nothing but your posts!
That being said, I'm watching this one closely and if it gets out of hand I'm locking it.

LEDs need to stop taking over everything
Administrator #4
Need help with something on the site? Let me know!

Andy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Fears that government officials will force you to give up your HID bulbs « Reply #13 on: November 22, 2020, 03:10:30 PM » Author: Andy
One thing that needs removing on this forum is the bizarre little subtitle beneath a user’s name except for the Administrators, Webmaster etc.
Mine says Newbie despite having been on this forum for about 10 years, others say things such as Full member and Hero Member.
Whilst I am not criticising some users marked as Hero Member, it would appear that this accolade is automatically based merely on the quantity of posts from an individual member.
The problem of course is that this strongly supports the status of quantity over quality as one who ‘runs his/her mouth’ is deemed a hero. I surely can’t be the only one who thinks this is odd?

I'm always interested in exchanging lamps with others. Send me a message if you would be interested in a trade. :)

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Fears that government officials will force you to give up your HID bulbs « Reply #14 on: November 22, 2020, 03:37:56 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
One thing that needs removing on this forum is the bizarre little subtitle beneath a user’s name except for the Administrators, Webmaster etc.
Mine says Newbie despite having been on this forum for about 10 years, others say things such as Full member and Hero Member.
Whilst I am not criticising some users marked as Hero Member, it would appear that this accolade is automatically based merely on the quantity of posts from an individual member.
The problem of course is that this strongly supports the status of quantity over quality as one who ‘runs his/her mouth’ is deemed a hero. I surely can’t be the only one who thinks this is odd?[/i]
I totally agree, there are some members that have made hundred if not thousands of comments on pictures but that isn't reflected in what it says beside the user name.  :wndr:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies