Author Topic: I need some low-cost UK 35w SOX lamps  (Read 4208 times)
lights*plus

View Posts
View Gallery

George Liv Photo

GoL george.liv.37 UC_OfF2pa6aOcXLAut16jw9g
I need some low-cost UK 35w SOX lamps « on: November 29, 2020, 03:22:36 AM » Author: lights*plus
Could someone please make an offer on my behalf for 6 lamps if shipped FREE to you?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184282008741  Posts to UK only.

I made multiple offers to this seller..but wouldn't ship across the pond, even for 8 lamps.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/193763673310  Is this Free shipping to you?

PM me for compensation, ship-to and payment details. Thanks!
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: I need some low-cost UK 35w SOX lamps « Reply #1 on: November 30, 2020, 08:02:51 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Could someone please make an offer on my behalf for 6 lamps if shipped FREE to you?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184282008741  Posts to UK only.

I made multiple offers to this seller..but wouldn't ship across the pond, even for 8 lamps.

I also feel the desire to stock up on SOX lamps too.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I need some low-cost UK 35w SOX lamps « Reply #2 on: December 01, 2020, 04:56:11 AM » Author: funkybulb
  Lamp may look cheap,  but shipping them across the pond
 Can bust the deal.   U can  easly blow 60-100 bucks on shipping lamps across the pond.    There still plenty of Sox lamps to go around in the US.   The demand for them been
 Dropping since the early 90s   The long lamp would be harder
 To get  since those lamps  used in street lighting and parking lots.    My 35-to 90 watt sox lamps were bough cheap at a second hand store.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

lights*plus

View Posts
View Gallery

George Liv Photo

Re: I need some low-cost UK 35w SOX lamps « Reply #3 on: December 01, 2020, 06:45:07 AM » Author: lights*plus
Agreed. But I would like 6 used lamps for say @ $10 USD a pop, maybe $15 per, w/the shipping.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: I need some low-cost UK 35w SOX lamps « Reply #4 on: December 01, 2020, 07:14:12 AM » Author: Rommie
There are some very cheap (£15 for 2) Philips NOS 26W SOX-E lamps here which will work fine on 35W gear, but the seller says they don't ship outside the UK. Might be worth asking them, or ask someone here to get them for you, I've done that for US items in the past.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I need some low-cost UK 35w SOX lamps « Reply #5 on: December 09, 2020, 09:45:29 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
This seller is willing to ship outside the UK. I purchased some of the SOX-E26 lamps from them. The only thing is, they did not want to use the eBay Global Shipping Program. Which I asked them about and told them that I preferred they ship using the GSP because it includes the import duties in the price, and provides protection for the seller and buyer in case of a situation like a damaged package. So now I just wait for the package to arrive, hope nothing is damaged, and hope that I don't get hit with high import fees upon delivery.

Just send them a message if you're interested in their items and ask if they will ship to you in your country. Might want to ask them about the GSP.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 09:47:59 PM by HPSM250R2 » Logged
HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I need some low-cost UK 35w SOX lamps « Reply #6 on: December 09, 2020, 10:24:26 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
Please put a reply again when they arrive. I want to know if indeed they are new, have intact cartons and if your parcel was opened or inspected.

They're new. I believe this is the same listing that Ria, Colin, I think a few others purchased from. From what I've heard, the solder contacts had some corrosion on them, however it cleans off with a file.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: I need some low-cost UK 35w SOX lamps « Reply #7 on: December 10, 2020, 07:09:31 AM » Author: Rommie
They're new. I believe this is the same listing that Ria, Colin, I think a few others purchased from. From what I've heard, the solder contacts had some corrosion on them, however it cleans off with a file.
It does, and they're good lamps, probably among the best Philips made. They run fine on 35W gear, although dedicated 26W SOX-E gear is preferable if you can get it, but sadly it's hard to find  :-\

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I need some low-cost UK 35w SOX lamps « Reply #8 on: December 10, 2020, 07:16:30 AM » Author: HPSM250R2
It does, and they're good lamps, probably among the best Philips made. They run fine on 35W gear, although dedicated 26W SOX-E gear is preferable if you can get it, but sadly it's hard to find  :-\

Even harder to find in the US.
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I need some low-cost UK 35w SOX lamps « Reply #9 on: December 10, 2020, 12:15:29 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994

That link shows GSP for me in Canada
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 12:26:42 PM by Lightingguy1994 » Logged

Administrator #5

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: I need some low-cost UK 35w SOX lamps « Reply #10 on: December 10, 2020, 01:32:07 PM » Author: joseph_125
That link shows GSP for me in Canada

Same here but sometimes the sellers don't realize they have it set up.
lights*plus

View Posts
View Gallery

George Liv Photo

Re: I need some low-cost UK 35w SOX lamps « Reply #11 on: December 10, 2020, 03:14:53 PM » Author: lights*plus
The seller w/the dozen or 25 used lamps will refund you if you go ahead and buy-it-now.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: I need some low-cost UK 35w SOX lamps « Reply #12 on: December 10, 2020, 03:47:29 PM » Author: joseph_125
That's even more puzzling, I understand if they're not aware they have the ships overseas option turned on but it seems like they're aware they have it turned on, yet will deny a sale if you attempt to buy it.
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I need some low-cost UK 35w SOX lamps « Reply #13 on: December 10, 2020, 04:09:14 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Does this violate any ebay rules at all? Why does the guy have a problem with it? All he does is ship it off to the center in his country and they do the rest.

I won't buy these anyway as I have no use for 35w SOX, though they are compatible with my 55w ballasts according to their label but my fixtures would look funny with half size lamps lol

Administrator #5

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: I need some low-cost UK 35w SOX lamps « Reply #14 on: December 10, 2020, 05:21:49 PM » Author: Rommie
Some people don't like shipping outside their home country. It's not against the rules, when you list something you have the ability to decide where you will or will not ship to. But sometimes people misunderstand the system and set options they don't mean to.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies