Author Topic: I need some low-cost UK 35w SOX lamps  (Read 4205 times)
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I need some low-cost UK 35w SOX lamps « Reply #15 on: December 10, 2020, 05:26:29 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Some people don't like shipping outside their home country. It's not against the rules, when you list something you have the ability to decide where you will or will not ship to. But sometimes people misunderstand the system and set options they don't mean to.

Yes but in this case the seller doesn't ship outside the country. He ships to the warehouse and then they themselves ship it off. If the seller doesn't like it he shouldn't have global shipping on his ads. We in Canada call that a 'dick move'  :lol:. I'm not sure what the issue is for the seller since they only have to ship to the GSP warehouse within the confines of their country.

And he must know by now theres GSP on his ads, Id like to see someone message him and make sure he knows and see what he says. Its an option that can be taken off ones seller account.

Administrator #5

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I need some low-cost UK 35w SOX lamps « Reply #16 on: December 10, 2020, 05:28:58 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
Yes but in this case the seller doesn't ship outside the country. He ships to the warehouse and then they themselves ship it off. If the seller doesn't like it he shouldn't have global shipping on his ads. We in Canada call that a 'dick move'  :lol:. I'm not sure what the issue is for the seller since they only have to ship to the GSP warehouse within the confines of their country.

And he must know by now theres GSP on his ads, Id like to see someone message him and make sure he knows and see what he says. Its an option that can be taken off ones seller account.

Lol the phrase “dick move” is used here too.
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I need some low-cost UK 35w SOX lamps « Reply #17 on: December 10, 2020, 05:30:11 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Lol the phrase “dick move” is used here too.

I guess it caught on , not sure if we started it first or not but I've been hearing that wording for years lol

Administrator #5

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: I need some low-cost UK 35w SOX lamps « Reply #18 on: December 10, 2020, 05:53:59 PM » Author: joseph_125
We in Canada call that a 'dick move'  :lol:t

Agreed, the sale on the seller's end is the same as if it were a domestic sale. The seller does have the right to not ship overseas but the least they could do is change the setting on eBay to avoid situations like this.
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: I need some low-cost UK 35w SOX lamps « Reply #19 on: December 10, 2020, 05:56:26 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl

I'm not sure I'm that keen on things that are trans-shipped in a big warehouse, if it's anything like Amazon's 'Fulfilment Centres' the employees are paid according to the number of parcels they make up, and minimal care is taken in the packing.  :poof:
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 05:58:11 PM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: I need some low-cost UK 35w SOX lamps « Reply #20 on: December 10, 2020, 09:16:50 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah, here's what the listing where the seller refuses to ship from my end. I know there's a risk of damage but if you're going to refuse to ship internationally at least explain why when you cancel the order. TBH it just seems unprofessional to leave the listing as will ship internationally via GSP and then proceed to ignore people that inquire about it and cancel those buy-it-now orders.

For those wondering I've attached a capture of what the listing looks like to a user from Canada.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: I need some low-cost UK 35w SOX lamps « Reply #21 on: December 11, 2020, 04:31:51 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Yeah, here's what the listing where the seller refuses to ship from my end. I know there's a risk of damage but if you're going to refuse to ship internationally at least explain why when you cancel the order. TBH it just seems unprofessional to leave the listing as will ship internationally via GSP and then proceed to ignore people that inquire about it and cancel those buy-it-now orders.

For those wondering I've attached a capture of what the listing looks like to a user from Canada.

I have been considering getting those lamps, but they do seem to have shipping to the US.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies