Author Topic: Did the US have any top entry street lanterns besides radial waves and gumballs?  (Read 1297 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Did the US have any top entry street lanterns besides radial waves and gumballs? « on: November 29, 2020, 02:55:44 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I am wondering if the US had any top entry street lanterns besides radial waves, gumballs, and incandescent pendant mount versions of early mercury vapor fixtures?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Diamondback Dave

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Did the US have any top entry street lanterns besides radial waves and gumballs? « Reply #1 on: December 04, 2020, 02:34:27 PM » Author: Diamondback Dave
There were some clam shells, specifically OV-20 that were top mount with  an arm adapter.  Mainly seen in CA.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Did the US have any top entry street lanterns besides radial waves and gumballs? « Reply #2 on: December 04, 2020, 02:37:21 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Some NEMA heads had that option.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Did the US have any top entry street lanterns besides radial waves and gumballs? « Reply #3 on: December 04, 2020, 02:53:35 PM » Author: joseph_125
Both the Westinghouse Viscount and Holophane RSL-200 were available with a pendant mount option.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies