Author Topic: I reccomend this to anyone who has lamp holders in a workspace  (Read 2194 times)
LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
I reccomend this to anyone who has lamp holders in a workspace « on: December 07, 2020, 06:57:41 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
I would reccomend this light to to ANYONE who is willing to upgrade their garage, shop, or other similar applications to LED. Believe me, it will CHANGE YOUR LIVES! All they do is screw into a standard E26 lampholder. The lumen output isn't the highest available; there are even higher lumens available! They are installed in my garage and they're SUPER BRIGHT!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 06:59:22 PM by LightsoftheWest » Logged

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I reccomend this to anyone who has lamp holders in a workspace « Reply #1 on: December 08, 2020, 01:15:32 AM » Author: tolivac
Did a MH lamp actually cause the fire?Any sort of electric lighting could cause a fire if it fails.In my bathroom light-a LED lamp base blew up!Nothing flammable under it.I was there when it blew.
LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: I reccomend this to anyone who has lamp holders in a workspace « Reply #2 on: December 08, 2020, 01:28:30 AM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Did a MH lamp actually cause the fire?Any sort of electric lighting could cause a fire if it fails.In my bathroom light-a LED lamp base blew up!Nothing flammable under it.I was there when it blew.
There was never a MH lamp involved in anything I mentioned.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I reccomend this to anyone who has lamp holders in a workspace « Reply #3 on: December 08, 2020, 01:30:40 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
There was never a MH lamp involved in anything I mentioned.

I think he's talking about your signature.
LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: I reccomend this to anyone who has lamp holders in a workspace « Reply #4 on: December 08, 2020, 01:55:23 AM » Author: LightsoftheWest
I think he's talking about your signature.
Oh. Yes, it did cause the fire.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: I reccomend this to anyone who has lamp holders in a workspace « Reply #5 on: December 08, 2020, 06:17:06 AM » Author: Rommie
It's actually quite rare for an MH lamp to explode at EOL. It can happen, certainly, but it's not true to say it always will, and if you use a lamp with a shield around the arc tube, it's even less likely to cause the outer envelope to shatter.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I reccomend this to anyone who has lamp holders in a workspace « Reply #6 on: December 08, 2020, 10:54:54 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I agree ! Unshielded  400w MH highbays were used at my job for the 1st 15 of my 26 years there. In that time I only heard of 1 of the 200+ MH lamps exploding . granted I've changed several EOL lamps that had severely swollen arc tubes. If you change the lamp when it reaches rated life like you're supposed to instead of letting it run 'till it dies , the risk of explosion is almost none.

GE says "Relamp fixtures at or before end of rated life. Beyond rated life , light output diminishes while energy consumption and risk of rupture increase."

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: I reccomend this to anyone who has lamp holders in a workspace « Reply #7 on: December 09, 2020, 12:03:00 AM » Author: joseph_125
I think doing the following should reduce the risk of a non passive EOL to minimal:

- run the lamps vertically unless they're rated for horizontal only burn
- if run 24/7, switch off the lamps for 15 min every week
- relamp at end of rated life instead of waiting until they go out
- if feasible, invest in using open rated lamps
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: I reccomend this to anyone who has lamp holders in a workspace « Reply #8 on: December 09, 2020, 12:08:02 AM » Author: Lumex120

GE says "Relamp fixtures at or before end of rated life. Beyond rated life , light output diminishes while energy consumption and risk of rupture increase."
Only problem is that 95% of people look up and go "it's still lighting up, so what's the problem?".

Unofficial LG Discord

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: I reccomend this to anyone who has lamp holders in a workspace « Reply #9 on: December 09, 2020, 12:15:38 AM » Author: LightsoftheWest
But back on topic, please get these LEDs if you're willing to upgrade to LED.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: I reccomend this to anyone who has lamp holders in a workspace « Reply #10 on: December 09, 2020, 12:18:04 AM » Author: joseph_125
Only problem is that 95% of people look up and go "it's still lighting up, so what's the problem?".

I think that's why projector lamps have a timer that keeps track of lamp hours. The earlier systems stored the time on the projector which meant users typically reset the hours when the nag screen pops up. Some newer projectors store the hours on the chip on the lamp itself which prevents most users from resetting the counter. 
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I reccomend this to anyone who has lamp holders in a workspace « Reply #11 on: December 09, 2020, 12:24:08 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
But back on topic, please get these LEDs if you're willing to upgrade to LED.

I've seen similar versions for sale at Menards .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: I reccomend this to anyone who has lamp holders in a workspace « Reply #12 on: December 09, 2020, 12:26:25 AM » Author: joseph_125
My garage had the original lampholder mounted on the wall so I think that linked one might not work that well. When I installed new light I put up a ton of fluorescent strips, all ceiling mounted so the space is flooded with light now.
High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I reccomend this to anyone who has lamp holders in a workspace « Reply #13 on: December 09, 2020, 03:50:36 AM » Author: High Intensity
I've seen similar ones sold at Walmart and Home Depot, not that I'd need these anyway. And I'm not saying that to be rude, I'm saying it because I cannot name a single place I could effectively use them.
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: I reccomend this to anyone who has lamp holders in a workspace « Reply #14 on: December 09, 2020, 10:26:29 AM » Author: Binarix128
Those foldable LED retrofits are everywhere on Ebay, aliexpress and practically all the LED lighting stores, and are quite neat in my opinion.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies