Author Topic: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic  (Read 8892 times)
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #15 on: February 06, 2021, 05:15:46 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
This topic is completely derailed! :Railway_Light:
I was hoping for just some decent respect for a man who gave me an advantage to electrical and lighting when I was teenager so I was well prepared when it came time to seek out my first job. It worked out too, when my first boss gave me a shop test he was so impressed by what I could do he hired me right on the spot! My very first electrician's job! A father's job...to make sure that his boy grows into a man.

Please accept my apologies if I showed any disrespect, that was the last thing on my mind.  :(
Losing your father is one if the toughest things possible, and you have my deepest sympathy.  :love:
My daddy died in 2014, and I miss him every day. There are still times that I'll do or see something and think 'I must tell daddy about that' then I burst into tears.  :'(

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Desultory13
Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #16 on: February 06, 2021, 05:28:02 PM » Author: Desultory13
Please accept my apologies if I showed any disrespect, that was the last thing on my mind.  :(
Losing your father is one if the toughest things possible, and you have my deepest sympathy.  :love:
My daddy died in 2014, and I miss him every day. There are still times that I'll do or see something and think 'I must tell daddy about that' then I burst into tears.  :'(
Thank you Sammi that helps. I feel like I constantly need Dad's advice concerning this site as I feel like such an outcast here. Whenever I needed advice about anything it was his that I constantly sought out, now I feel so lost and empty and constantly ready to throw in the towel with everything not just LG but incandescent fans have no place here.
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #17 on: February 06, 2021, 05:36:37 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Thank you Sammi that helps. I feel like I constantly need Dad's advice concerning this site as I feel like such an outcast here. Whenever I needed advice about anything it was his that I constantly sought out, now I feel so lost and empty and constantly ready to throw in the towel with everything not just LG but incandescent fans have no place here.
Please don't think of yourself as an outcast here, incandescent has just as an important role on LG as any other lighting source, Lucas and Daniel are two prolific fans of the technology, so you are not alone. Yes, they do like the older lamps, but the more modern ones have just a vital place here. Don't forget that we love you.  :-* :love:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #18 on: February 06, 2021, 06:02:55 PM » Author: Rommie
What..? :o

Whatever gives you that impression..? We love incandescent lamps here - we have quite a few ourselves, but as Sammi said, look at Lucas and Daniel, they have amazing collections of incandescent lamps, I am in awe virtually every time they upload new pictures  :inc: :inc: :inc:

I'm sorry also if I sounded disrespectful about your father. As I said mine died 30 years ago at a far too young 65 and I miss him every day as well  :'(
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 06:06:48 PM by sox35 » Logged

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #19 on: February 08, 2021, 12:01:57 AM » Author: Bulbman256
Hey jamie,

Don't put yourself down like that! I know losing someone you love is hard, i lost my Grandfather to lung complications about 3 years ago, it was hard on me and especially my father. :-\ :'(

Every lighting technology matters, even the L*D! :mrg: Post whatever lamps you want, seeing a classic incan is a good way to enjoy a snipbit of my day. :bulbman: Some stuff will jsut not be seen, i have my fair share of pictures that arnt and others do too. Some photos are best left untouched for years and someone to comment on again. :D

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #20 on: February 08, 2021, 12:36:06 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: sox35
Quote from: Desultory
incandescent fans have no place here. 
What..? :o
Whatever gives you that impression..? We love incandescent lamps here
I love me some incandescent as well.
While the majority of lights posted here are probably fluorescent, I wouldn't say that incandescent fans have no place. I've seen plenty posted.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Desultory13
Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #21 on: February 08, 2021, 04:56:57 PM » Author: Desultory13
Yeah well aside from incandescents not being to popular around here just last week I had to go up against 3 roughnecks on the jobsite using bullying tactics and I've found that there are a few members who use the same means as quote "We're bigger than you and if we have to maybe even make you feel bad about yourself".
My father always thought me to stand up for what I believe in.
I'm an incandescent fan and I'm not going to change that for anyone here.
He also taught me how useful fluorescent lights are as paint and body shops are dependant on them so it's nothing but T12s for me.
But I work hard for my collection and I'm damn proud of it but if it's not appreciated then there's no point in remaining. I haven't even come close to uploading what I truly have but I don't like being bullied at work or here.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 04:59:00 PM by Desultory » Logged
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #22 on: February 08, 2021, 05:00:35 PM » Author: Rommie
 Jamie - listen to me.

No-one is going to bully you here.

If they do, let me know and we'll deal with it. Ok..?

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #23 on: February 08, 2021, 05:13:01 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Hey Desultory, it's going to be ok. Nobody has bullied other members for posting incandescent lamps so why would they bully you? And you don't need comments on a picture to feel validated. Being here is enough, and all types of lights are welcome.
Desultory13
Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #24 on: February 08, 2021, 05:15:54 PM » Author: Desultory13
Jamie - listen to me.

No-one is going to bully you here.

If they do, let me know and we'll deal with it. Ok..?
Well I know who they are and I know 2 admins you being one of them who knows at least one of these individuals.
It seems like they enjoy pushing certain people around as I've already quoted what's been said.
Patrick can only do so much then it's up to each one of us to defend ourselves.
Desultory13
Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #25 on: February 08, 2021, 05:20:40 PM » Author: Desultory13
Hey Desultory, it's going to be ok. Nobody has bullied other members for posting incandescent lamps so why would they bully you? And you don't need comments on a picture to feel validated. Being here is enough, and all types of lights are welcome.
It had nothing to do with specific lamps it's just the way they talk to people. They're just rough harsh individuals and one of them has freely admitted to it. While another has bragged about it.
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #26 on: February 08, 2021, 06:23:09 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Even me as admin, I still have 1 or 2 people on this site who hate my guts for some misunderstanding. Well sorry to them , I'm not dead yet. That said, I do welcome the opportunity to fix the problems and have successfully done so in the past. It is actually the first tool in my box I pick first when dealing with the problems personally

All lighting types have a home here, though I do recognize that LED is probably the most unwelcome lighting source here amongst the members for various reasons.

If someone is saying things like "incandescent fans have no place here", then report the comment to us. We can't act if we do not know who said it and where. In some cases if someone is bullying that hard, we might have to restrict their use of the site right away and then discuss their future here.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 08:18:20 PM by Lightingguy1994 » Logged

Administrator #5

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #27 on: February 08, 2021, 10:53:10 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: Desultory
But I work hard for my collection and I'm damn proud of it but if it's not appreciated then there's no point in remaining. I haven't even come close to uploading what I truly have but I don't like being bullied at work or here.
I honestly don't remember seeing any bullying in regards to posts of incandescent lamps. (Actually in general I wouldn't say bad-mouthing incandescents is an issue. LEDs, yes maybe, but not incandescents.)

I say.. post from your collection if you wish!

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Desultory13
Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #28 on: February 09, 2021, 12:17:30 AM » Author: Desultory13
I honestly don't remember seeing any bullying in regards to posts of incandescent lamps. (Actually in general I wouldn't say bad-mouthing incandescents is an issue. LEDs, yes maybe, but not incandescents.)

I say.. post from your collection if you wish!
As I've already mentioned above it has to do with a few rough individuals here.
One of them admits to it while another brags about it.
It wasn't about the lamps it was just them asserting their authority over me and since they're NOT admins I won't stand for it.
As far as incandescents go I just don't think that they're is much interest in them here only HID and fluorescents, of course I happen to be a big fan of T12s and MV it's just right now I'm concentrating on incandescents.
Hopefully I won't be be pushed out before I can add some fluorescents to my gallery.
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #29 on: February 09, 2021, 12:34:06 AM » Author: Lightingguy1994
As I've already mentioned above it has to do with a few rough individuals here.
One of them admits to it while another brags about it.
It wasn't about the lamps it was just them asserting their authority over me and since they're NOT admins I won't stand for it.
As far as incandescents go I just don't think that they're is much interest in them here only HID and fluorescents, of course I happen to be a big fan of T12s and MV it's just right now I'm concentrating on incandescents.
Hopefully I won't be be pushed out before I can add some fluorescents to my gallery.

I'd like to know which members it is you are referring to that talk that way, then we can keep an eye on their behaviour and take action(s) if needed. Whoever is telling you this is false. From an admins perspective, Incandescent lamps are still a popular interest here. Unless you tell me this info I can't watch for this behaviour from these members.

I'm interested in the coloured xmas incandscents myself, Even though LED tech has come so far, no one seems to want to put a warm white LED inside a dipped glass lamp. The quality in the light and colour from this combo can't be beat by saturated LED lamps, though those certainly have their uses too.

Administrator #5

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies