Author Topic: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic  (Read 8889 times)
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #30 on: February 09, 2021, 07:20:08 AM » Author: Rommie
As Anthony said, if you see a comment that is bad-mouthing you (or anyone else for that matter) then use the "report to moderator" function so we can see it and hopefully deal with it.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Desultory13
Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #31 on: February 09, 2021, 10:28:53 AM » Author: Desultory13
I'd like to know which members it is you are referring to that talk that way, then we can keep an eye on their behaviour and take action(s) if needed. Whoever is telling you this is false. From an admins perspective, Incandescent lamps are still a popular interest here. Unless you tell me this info I can't watch for this behaviour from these members.

I'm interested in the coloured xmas incandscents myself, Even though LED tech has come so far, no one seems to want to put a warm white LED inside a dipped glass lamp. The quality in the light and colour from this combo can't be beat by saturated LED lamps, though those certainly have their uses too.
Ria certainly knows who they are but I'm sure very little can be done as it's just the way they are, rude.
I have however been getting a lot of use out of the delete function.
Lately though it isn't enough.
I hate it when people constantly feel the need to talk macho trash.
desktoptrashcan

View Posts
View Gallery

theroadrunner556
Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #32 on: February 09, 2021, 10:58:14 AM » Author: desktoptrashcan
Ria certainly knows who they are but I'm sure very little can be done as it's just the way they are, rude.
I have however been getting a lot of use out of the delete function.
Lately though it isn't enough.
I hate it when people constantly feel the need to talk macho trash.

I’ve had to deal with those types of people. I know what you mean. It eats away at your confidence.  :(
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #33 on: February 09, 2021, 11:03:52 AM » Author: HPS_250
I’m very sorry that you feel like anyone would bully you here, because that should never happen on a lighting forum like this. All types of lighting collectors are welcome here, and all types of lighting photos and lamps are welcome here. Whether you collect incandescent lamps, fluorescent lamps, HIDs, even LED lamps, you’re still welcome. Even if you don’t collect lighting at all and just have an interest in it. People can have their own opinions on lighting, but don’t need to force them on anyone else. If anyone has been bullying or upsetting you here, you definitely need to let an admin know who they are. Those are my own views, anyway. If I have ever done anything to upset you, please let me know and I will resolve it.  :)

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #34 on: February 09, 2021, 11:19:22 AM » Author: Bulbman256
I’m very sorry that you feel like anyone would bully you here, because that should never happen on a lighting forum like this. All types of lighting collectors are welcome here, and all types of lighting photos and lamps are welcome here. Whether you collect incandescent lamps, fluorescent lamps, HIDs, even LED lamps, you’re still welcome. Even if you don’t collect lighting at all and just have an interest in it. People can have their own opinions on lighting, but don’t need to force them on anyone else. If anyone has been bullying or upsetting you here, you definitely need to let an admin know who they are. Those are my own views, anyway. If I have ever done anything to upset you, please let me know and I will resolve it.  :)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 :love:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #35 on: February 09, 2021, 01:10:41 PM » Author: HPS_250

What does that mean? All I see is a line of symbols...  :lol: :lol: ???

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #36 on: February 09, 2021, 01:20:32 PM » Author: Bulbman256

What does that mean? All I see is a line of symbols...  :lol: :lol: ???

Oh ^ means a simple way of "yes i competently agree, would have said the same thing" :P :-[

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #37 on: February 09, 2021, 01:27:56 PM » Author: HPS_250
Oh ^ means a simple way of "yes i competently agree, would have said the same thing" :P :-[

Oh sorry, sometimes I don’t recognize the meaning of internet symbols....
Thanks!  :lol:

Desultory13
Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #38 on: February 09, 2021, 06:51:10 PM » Author: Desultory13
I’ve had to deal with those types of people. I know what you mean. It eats away at your confidence.  :(
You sure called that one right my friend! Then you understand my frustration.

As to everyone else thanks for your support!

Maybe something can be done about it but it's up to the admins and how much certain members push my temper.

@Ria: Since you know who they are maybe you could pass it along to Anthony and Patrick?
Desultory13
Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #39 on: February 09, 2021, 06:54:20 PM » Author: Desultory13
A certain someone might send a slap your way for this one!
But thanks for your support Bulbman256!
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #40 on: February 09, 2021, 06:54:34 PM » Author: Rommie
@Ria: Since you know who they are maybe you could pass it along to Anthony and Patrick?
I've passed on what you've told me, what can be done is another thing, but fingers and all other extremities crossed  :love:

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #41 on: February 09, 2021, 06:55:56 PM » Author: Rommie
A certain someone might send a slap your way for this one!
But thanks for your support Bulbman256!
Who, me..? Slap somebody..? As if I would  :o

Ok then, if you insist  :mrg:

:slap:

Desultory13
Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #42 on: February 09, 2021, 07:02:35 PM » Author: Desultory13
I've passed on what you've told me, what can be done is another thing, but fingers and all other extremities crossed  :love:

I usually leave a finger or two free for signalling  ;)
WigWag
Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #43 on: February 09, 2021, 07:06:05 PM » Author: WigWag
I usually leave a finger or two free for signalling  ;)
That's how Dad did it in the racecar. ;D

Besides he certainly knew how to deal with these so-called tough guys around here!
WigWag
Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #44 on: February 09, 2021, 07:09:31 PM » Author: WigWag
That's how Dad did it in the racecar. ;D

Besides he certainly knew how to deal with these so-called tough guys around here!

Yeah he'd tell 'em to go hug a root  :slap:
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies