Author Topic: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic  (Read 8890 times)
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #60 on: May 03, 2021, 12:49:53 AM » Author: Bulbman256
Jamie listen to me man,

I am a man of much younger skin and that comes with the lack of knowing that you have, but please take my advice and don't abandon this site over a few bad apples. I myself have had to deal with bad people all of my life and it can make it suck bad, but i have always pushed through it all.

I have a lot of apathy uploading lamps, i take all the pictures but never let them out here. I would love to see some 80s lighting, that's in my opinion the era I should have been born, but this one is okay too. I will gladly check out any incan picture here you put out, because i love those kinda lamps, they are the first i could reasonably collect and enjoy. Vintage floros has become a passion of mine too, the fascinating little detail of every spec made awes me too. :bulbman:

Loss is a horrible thing Jamie, i have seen it far too many times in my life how it can hurt a man, including myself. :( If showing this small little site your father's racing history helps you out then i will support it. :love:

It's up yo you to find that lighting you like and upload it here, i would love to see it any bulb that it is. :love:

-Max :love:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Desultory13
Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #61 on: May 03, 2021, 05:24:09 PM » Author: Desultory13
Special thanks to my usual crew here Ria, Sammi, Tim, and Max it helps during these frustrating moments made worse by the loss of my Dad.

Tim and Max sounds like you know where I'm really coming from as far being frustrated about uploading pictures.

As an electrician for 18 years I feel like I have a lot to offer here including pictures of previous jobs.
Though these are installs of incandescents and fluorescents in residential and commercial work.
Also lots of 80s fixtures.
I can also offer lighting and electrical advice when possible.

I have about 2 dozen new HID pictures but I'm very reluctant to upload them and Ria knows why.
I guarantee that the first 2 members to comment will be one with a known nasty reputation and the other one who will advise me to install European ballasts in my North American fixtures.

I just get frustrated at times when this site becomes a disappointment and my Dad is no longer with me as he always knew good lighting.
If it wasn't for him I'd probably be using LEDs just like the rest of the world.
I was also emotional when I heard Max was going to some Nascar races with his Dad, sure brings back some special memories.
Hope you had a good time Max!

Yes I'd like a picture or 2 of my Dad and his Racecars in my gallery I'm just not thrilled with them in the off topic.
So everyone can meet the man who helped me so much with lighting and and my electrical career.
He'd be the first one to tell me to continue the pictures and if anyone doesn't like them, then that's just tough (...)!

I also wouldn't mind if some you saw the video for "Winter" by Desultory on youtube just so you can see how it all started for me.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 05:26:42 PM by Desultory » Logged
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #62 on: May 03, 2021, 05:29:35 PM » Author: Rommie
Jamie, just upload them and never mind whether anyone comments or not. We will, if we see them; Sammi usually goes through the new uploads every day and points out interesting ones to me as I very often miss them if I'm in the middle of admin stuff.

And if anyone makes nasty comments, just let me know and I'll deal with it, ok..?

Take care,

Us  :-* :love:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #63 on: May 03, 2021, 05:45:43 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Hey Jamie,

Don't worry man, we are here if you need us. ;D

Again i would love to see all the stuff that you have seen on the job, and those soxs lights you got. :bulbman:

This site can be rather dry and for some reason this past year a lot of inter-member conflict has seemed to form. :( Just let the mods know and they can help you if someone wants to pick a fight. :)

Nascar was fun, Ty Gibbs is a guy with a bucket of talent, he lead all 100 laps of the race! :poof:

Looking up the song and i can see why you would like this stuff! 8)

I have some special incans coming soon from a couple nutters so look forward to that. :D

-Max 8)

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #64 on: May 03, 2021, 05:48:15 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Jamie,

Upload pictures of your dad, and then make a post in Off Topic about 'meet my dad' with links to the pictures.  :wndr: :-* :love:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies