Author Topic: Using EOL preheat fluorescent for Halloween  (Read 658 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Using EOL preheat fluorescent for Halloween « on: February 14, 2021, 03:17:46 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
A couple of years ago, I recall putting an EOL 7w PL bulb in a jack o lantern to make it look spooky and I have also had some nightmares as a child where I was in a room that was lit only by flashing EOL preheat fluorescent lamps with PL bulbs. For me, an entire room lit by preheat EOL fluorescents flashing nonstop gives the room a spooky aura. Has anyone ever used an EOL preheat fluorescent lamp as a Halloween decoration besides me?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

OgreVorbis

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Using EOL preheat fluorescent for Halloween « Reply #1 on: February 14, 2021, 09:10:57 AM » Author: OgreVorbis
No, but I did put a high power sodium light in the backyard aiming up at the sky during Halloween. It lit up all the trees from the base and it looked pretty creepy when looking at the house from the front.

It was high pressure, but I didn't know about low pressure back then (would have been better). I was just a kid.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies