Author Topic: Anyone still using incandescents?  (Read 2867 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Anyone still using incandescents? « on: March 12, 2021, 03:00:14 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I wonder if there is anyone who still lights their house with 100% incandescent lighting and still replaces burned out incandescent bulbs with NEW incandescent bulbs?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

AZTECH

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone still using incandescents? « Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 05:08:30 PM » Author: AZTECH
I wonder if there is anyone who still lights their house with 100% incandescent lighting and still replaces burned out incandescent bulbs with NEW incandescent bulbs?

I do, only 50% incandescent/halogen in my indoor house and other 50% is fluorescent T12 tubes.  0% LED!
Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone still using incandescents? « Reply #2 on: March 13, 2021, 02:32:28 AM » Author: Michael
Just in case someone likes to know my apartment is lit by these lamps as followed:

- 3 fluorescent lamps
- 4 incandescent lamps
- 7 halogen spot lights
- 2 energy saving cfl lamps
- 2 compact fluorescent lamps
- 1 Mercury vapour Super De Luxe lamp
- 1 Neon indicator lamp
- 3 small LED lamps (Fridge and other small stuff)

And my small house (currently under refurbishment)

- 9 fluorescent lamps
- 4 incandescent lamps (street light and construction lights)

So the answer is no. Not every thing is incandescent but the majority of my lamps has at least one filament  :P
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: Anyone still using incandescents? « Reply #3 on: March 21, 2021, 10:52:37 AM » Author: AngryHorse
Only 5, two in the cooker hood, one in the fridge, a 15watt Pygmy in the alcove where my Xbox is, and a 1500watt monster in the attic!  ;D

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Anyone still using incandescents? « Reply #4 on: March 21, 2021, 01:14:25 PM » Author: Binarix128
My room is fully lit by incandescent lighting, the rest of the house is LED, fluorescent and one halogen bulb.

In my room I have 2x 50W halogen lights, which are the main lights, there's also an incandescent xmas lights set and a 40w incandescent nightlight.
Edmund Ironside

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone still using incandescents? « Reply #5 on: March 21, 2021, 02:37:14 PM » Author: Edmund Ironside
I have a whole bunch of incandecents in service, mostly in decorative fittings and in a floor lamp with a dimmer. Apart from that most lighting in our home is LED-based as they dont put out much heat.

Made in Sweden

nogden

View Posts
View Gallery

Nelson Ogden

nelson.ogden w8nwo
Re: Anyone still using incandescents? « Reply #6 on: March 23, 2021, 10:57:55 AM » Author: nogden
I have a few magnetic-ballast linear fluorescent fixtures but everything else is incandescent. No LED or even halogen! I have nothing against other lighting technologies; I just prefer incandescent in my home.
f36t8

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone still using incandescents? « Reply #7 on: March 23, 2021, 11:57:20 AM » Author: f36t8
I don't use incandescents for most general illumination, just for some special cases:

1) Frequently switched but rarely (in terms of hours) used lights where the bulbs have not yet needed replacing for many many years

2) Dimmed down lights in the bedroom in the evenings before sleep, to avoid blue light in order to promote sleep.

3) Sometimes, dimmed high-wattage bulbs for decorative purposes
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone still using incandescents? « Reply #8 on: March 23, 2021, 09:06:28 PM » Author: sol
I use incandescent lamps here and there throughout the house. My bedroom is almost all incandescent save for the old OTTLite by the bed (used only to see under the bed when vacuuming). Like others have said, I very much prefer dimmed incandescent before retiring for the night.

My son has a 3 head pole lamp in his room and it fell over once and broke a lamp. I have since fitted it with LED lamps because they are plastic and will not shatter if it happens again. Otherwise I hate them...
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Anyone still using incandescents? « Reply #9 on: March 24, 2021, 12:06:37 AM » Author: joseph_125
I have a few incandescents in use, usually only the rooms with lower light levels. For rooms with high light levels I typically use LED, fluorescent or even HID... typically 3000K CMH which looks decent indoors. I would like to find some /930 CMH lamps and compare them to the /830 lamps I use though.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone still using incandescents? « Reply #10 on: March 24, 2021, 07:47:58 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Yessir! My dads house in almost 100% incandescent aside from a few CFLs. He even replaced 4000K CFLs in the garage with Incandescent! He keeps saying that he wants to replace them all with LED but I’m telling him to do it as they burn out. At my moms house there is some incandescent but it’s mostly CFL with some LED spot replacements.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Anyone still using incandescents? « Reply #11 on: March 24, 2021, 05:07:56 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Here and there. There is some 200 watt incandescents in the garage, 60 watt halogens in the basement, 300 watt incandescent in the attic, my room has various different incans depending on my mood.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone still using incandescents? « Reply #12 on: March 25, 2021, 12:04:20 PM » Author: Jovan
I am using in my living room 4*60W incandescent lamps on dimer,but all other lights are LED.
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Anyone still using incandescents? « Reply #13 on: March 27, 2021, 02:46:20 PM » Author: Cole D.
We used to use all incandescent or fluorescent tubes, but lately my parents have started replacing incandescent bulbs with LED when they burn out and fluorescent tubes with LED tubes. Majority of lamps and fixtures are still using incandescent and fluorescent for now, at least until they go EOL.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Anyone still using incandescents? « Reply #14 on: March 27, 2021, 09:39:39 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
I still use incandescents in some lights...and will continue to do so.
Most of the lighting is fluorescent, and no plans to change that.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies