Author Topic: Already thinking about leaving.  (Read 2637 times)
desktoptrashcan

View Posts
View Gallery

theroadrunner556
Already thinking about leaving. « on: March 21, 2021, 03:48:20 PM » Author: desktoptrashcan
I don’t feel welcome here. (Or anywhere, for that matter.) It’s not anyone in particular, it’s just the overall feeling that I get that I’m just not welcome because of who I am. If I could point out someone that’s not helping, it’s a certain person with their actual name starting with an R. Also my dad, but he had an abusive childhood, so I can’t blame him.
Maybe I should jump off of a tower and relieve this world of my worthless presence?  :(
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Already thinking about leaving. « Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 03:55:19 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
You are welcome by me! You have an awesome collection and you are most certainly Not worthless. :)

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Already thinking about leaving. « Reply #2 on: March 21, 2021, 03:58:41 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
You're welcome here, just as everyone who joins this site. If need someone to talk to, I'm here. If you need help for those feelings, get professional help.

Everyone has a purpose, keep your head high. Ending your own life would just spread the pain to others so it's not worth it.
desktoptrashcan

View Posts
View Gallery

theroadrunner556
Re: Already thinking about leaving. « Reply #3 on: March 21, 2021, 04:00:08 PM » Author: desktoptrashcan
I’ve been going to a psychologist recently. It helps, that’s for sure. Today was just a particularly hard day for me. Depression is horrible.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Already thinking about leaving. « Reply #4 on: March 21, 2021, 04:00:09 PM » Author: Rommie
Don't leave. As I've said to other people in the past when they've been thinking of it, if you do this, anyone who is upsetting you or who you think is forcing you to leave has effectively won. Don't give them that satisfaction.

As far as is possible, ignore them. If you're talking about another member here, then let us know who it is; if they post comments on your photos or topics, report them to us. We can take action, but only if we know the offender(s).

I am in no way a qualified counsellor, but I have been told I am a good listener; I'm always open to a chat, either by PM or even phone if it helps.

Take care  :-* :love:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

desktoptrashcan

View Posts
View Gallery

theroadrunner556
Re: Already thinking about leaving. « Reply #5 on: March 21, 2021, 04:07:14 PM » Author: desktoptrashcan
It’s nice to see that some people actually care.  :)
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Already thinking about leaving. « Reply #6 on: March 21, 2021, 04:09:52 PM » Author: Rommie
It’s nice to see that some people actually care.  :) In my experience, it seems like most people just want me out of their life.  :(
Been there, done that, got several T-shirts. Keep lighting those lamps (although avoid  :eoled: if you can)  ;) :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Already thinking about leaving. « Reply #7 on: March 21, 2021, 04:14:45 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I’ve been going to a psychologist recently. It helps, that’s for sure. Today was just a particularly hard day for me. Depression is horrible.
That’s good! I’m always here for a chat if you need me!

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Desultory13
Re: Already thinking about leaving. « Reply #8 on: March 21, 2021, 04:44:11 PM » Author: Desultory13
Please don't leave leave. LG can't afford to lose good people. Even if you do leave you can run away from your problems forever. It's something that I've learned from experience. It takes a strong man to turn around and walk back into the fire and face the struggle. You're a Texan, no problems are stronger than an all American Texan!
LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Already thinking about leaving. « Reply #9 on: March 21, 2021, 04:46:16 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
I don’t feel welcome here. (Or anywhere, for that matter.) It’s not anyone in particular, it’s just the overall feeling that I get that I’m just not welcome because of who I am. If I could point out someone that’s not helping, it’s a certain person with their actual name starting with an R. Also my dad, but he had an abusive childhood, so I can’t blame him.
Maybe I should jump off of a tower and relieve this world of my worthless presence?  :(
Please don't leave. I'm always welcome. I have been struggling with anxiety and mild depression lately, and that's how I feel.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Already thinking about leaving. « Reply #10 on: March 21, 2021, 06:59:20 PM » Author: CEB1993
We care about you and everyone who enjoys lighting is welcome and appreciated here on LG  :love: I understand the struggles of anxiety and depression, having them myself, I can totally empathize.

There is absolutely no shame in seeking help and I'm glad to hear you're seeing a psychologist. When you get to a bad place mentally and emotionally, just know there are compassionate and caring people right in your community (counselors, religious leaders, healthcare groups, and many others) who want to help you and listen to your story. I wish you the best and hope you find joy and meaning in life through your passion for lighting.

Kind regards,

Camden  :)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 07:20:23 PM by CEB1993 » Logged

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Already thinking about leaving. « Reply #11 on: March 21, 2021, 07:01:50 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Somebody with such a brilliant username as yours can't leave.!!! :-*

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Already thinking about leaving. « Reply #12 on: March 21, 2021, 07:21:41 PM » Author: High Intensity
Please don't leave, no matter what very few people may say, you are welcome here, do not let a couple of people convince you that you're unwanted by the majority of us here.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Already thinking about leaving. « Reply #13 on: March 22, 2021, 01:00:58 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
As I've said to other members here who've had issues here , I know it's difficult but ignore the people who don't like you and concentrate on the ones who do !! By giving up , YOU lose and THEY win !! Do NOT allow then to win !! Life is short enough already . Hang in there , things WILL get better !!  :bulbman:

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery
All lighting except LED rules!

Re: Already thinking about leaving. « Reply #14 on: March 22, 2021, 02:09:44 AM » Author: thelightingman
You are welcome by me! If you need to talk, pm me.

I think HPS, MV, and MH rule! :mv: :mvc: :hps: :emh: Ban LED instead! :eoled:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies