Author Topic: World Autism Awareness Day  (Read 1337 times)
rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
World Autism Awareness Day « on: April 02, 2021, 04:57:45 PM » Author: rjluna2
We have quite a few members in this site that have this form of disabilities.  Today it is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Autism_Awareness_Day

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: World Autism Awareness Day « Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 05:11:48 PM » Author: Rommie
Thanks Robert, I wasn't aware of that (slaps myself on back of head  :slap: :mrg:)

Being autistic myself, although not as badly affected as some people, I'm all too aware of the problems. My main one at the moment is the severe phobia of face masks I've developed in the last 12 months, I just wish it would end soon so we can get our lives back here  :'(

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: World Autism Awareness Day « Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 10:59:03 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
How did I not know this? :slap:
I have high-functioning autism. One of the hardest things for me is eye contact and social interaction. :-\

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: World Autism Awareness Day « Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 11:12:18 PM » Author: Lumex120
First time I've heard about this, pretty nice to know it's a thing though. (was diagnosed with Aspergers when I was like 11 but I guess now it's called high functioning autism so I'm guessing this applies to me) It doesn't affect me much anymore and I've gotten really good at hiding it but I'm now starting to realize that I probably see the world a LOT differently from normal/neurotypical people (or however you spell that). Whether or not that's a good thing, I don't know.

Unofficial LG Discord

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: World Autism Awareness Day « Reply #4 on: April 02, 2021, 11:31:56 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Forgot this was today, but to be fair its good friday and had a lot of faith stuff on my mind. I should still give myself a  :slap: though as my brother Oscar has Autism, he is 7 and with therapy he is getting better every day, love him to bits and pieces. :love: :love: :love:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

desktoptrashcan

View Posts
View Gallery

theroadrunner556
Re: World Autism Awareness Day « Reply #5 on: April 02, 2021, 11:45:55 PM » Author: desktoptrashcan
First time I've heard about this, pretty nice to know it's a thing though. (was diagnosed with Aspergers when I was like 11 but I guess now it's called high functioning autism so I'm guessing this applies to me) It doesn't affect me much anymore and I've gotten really good at hiding it but I'm now starting to realize that I probably see the world a LOT differently from normal/neurotypical people (or however you spell that). Whether or not that's a good thing, I don't know.

^^^ This is me to almost a T. Except I was diagnosed with Autism at 3. I have my own thoughts on awareness vs. acceptance, but I will hold my thoughts, so as not to provoke a flame war.  :eoled:  Trust me, those get very ugly very quickly.  :poof: @-@
rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: World Autism Awareness Day « Reply #6 on: April 03, 2021, 11:21:14 AM » Author: rjluna2
Thanks Robert, I wasn't aware of that (slaps myself on back of head  :slap: :mrg:)

Being autistic myself, although not as badly affected as some people, I'm all too aware of the problems. My main one at the moment is the severe phobia of face masks I've developed in the last 12 months, I just wish it would end soon so we can get our lives back here  :'(
You are not alone, Ria.

I have mild case of autism here.  One thing I have in advantage that I have asked my audiologist to program my hearing aid button to mute whenever loud noise environment :)

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: World Autism Awareness Day « Reply #7 on: April 03, 2021, 08:13:58 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I'm not autistic but I feel bad for the people that are and the troubles they go through.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: World Autism Awareness Day « Reply #8 on: April 03, 2021, 08:19:12 PM » Author: Rommie
I'm not autistic but I feel bad for the people that are and the troubles they go through.
Yeah, it can be crap sometimes, especially for me at the moment. I'm just fortunate I have Sammi to look after me  :-* :love:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: World Autism Awareness Day « Reply #9 on: April 03, 2021, 08:25:46 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Yeah, it can be crap sometimes, especially for me at the moment. I'm just fortunate I have Sammi to look after me  :-* :love:
Until the  :slap: :slap: come. :lol:

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies