Author Topic: Pesky light switch  (Read 5194 times)
desktoptrashcan

View Posts
View Gallery

theroadrunner556
Re: Pesky light switch « Reply #30 on: April 10, 2021, 11:43:41 PM » Author: desktoptrashcan
I never understood the rationale behind 4 way switches.  :-\
Desultory13
Re: Pesky light switch « Reply #31 on: April 11, 2021, 12:07:48 AM » Author: Desultory13
I never understood the rationale behind 4 way switches.  :-\
Basically so you can control the lights from 3 or more locations. Usually only found in larger houses or custom builds. Depending on the layout and where they're located they are very useful.
desktoptrashcan

View Posts
View Gallery

theroadrunner556
Re: Pesky light switch « Reply #32 on: April 11, 2021, 12:10:32 AM » Author: desktoptrashcan
Basically so you can control the lights from 3 or more locations. Usually only found in larger houses or custom builds. Depending on the layout and where they're located they are very useful.

That makes sense. I have 3 way switches in my house to control the upstairs hallway light from both the bottom and top of the stairs, and to control the breezeway lights from the house and detached garage. I imagine 4 way switches would be used in a similar situation.  :)
Desultory13
Re: Pesky light switch « Reply #33 on: April 11, 2021, 12:17:22 AM » Author: Desultory13
That makes sense. I have 3 way switches in my house to control the upstairs hallway light from both the bottom and top of the stairs, and to control the breezeway lights from the house and detached garage. I imagine 4 way switches would be used in a similar situation.  :)
Sure could! They could be especially useful for the breezeway lights. Interesting how many people say they are more complicated to install than 3ways but it's actually easier to wire a 4way than a 3way.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies