Author Topic: Pictures of crappy electrical work  (Read 3087 times)
desktoptrashcan

View Posts
View Gallery

theroadrunner556
Pictures of crappy electrical work « on: April 12, 2021, 11:57:35 PM » Author: desktoptrashcan
Anybody got any pictures of crappy wiring or electrical work? If so, share them here!   ;D
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Pictures of crappy electrical work « Reply #1 on: April 13, 2021, 12:00:34 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=5232&pos=16&pid=170460

https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=5232&pos=15&pid=170461

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Pictures of crappy electrical work « Reply #2 on: April 13, 2021, 12:02:50 AM » Author: joseph_125
I have a few examples in here.
desktoptrashcan

View Posts
View Gallery

theroadrunner556
Re: Pictures of crappy electrical work « Reply #3 on: April 13, 2021, 12:06:30 AM » Author: desktoptrashcan
@wide lite 1000: I’ve seen those before. They get funnier every time I view them!  :lol: :lol: :lol:
@joseph 125: Quality comedy with those fails! A bar near me has one of their can lights hanging by the wire as well.  ::) :lol:
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Pictures of crappy electrical work « Reply #4 on: April 13, 2021, 12:50:41 AM » Author: Bulbman256
Wait till jamie see this thread, think he will love it! :lol: :mrg: :short:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: Pictures of crappy electrical work « Reply #5 on: April 13, 2021, 01:16:46 AM » Author: icefoglights
Here is one for you

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

desktoptrashcan

View Posts
View Gallery

theroadrunner556
Re: Pictures of crappy electrical work « Reply #6 on: April 13, 2021, 01:19:01 AM » Author: desktoptrashcan
Here is one for you
That one is just plain scary.  :o
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Pictures of crappy electrical work « Reply #7 on: April 13, 2021, 02:22:04 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Don't even get me started on this subject Max. :lol: At least at work I get paid for looking at crap like this, here I got to look at it for nothing. ::)

Okay fine, the pictures of lightbulbs are that way if you wanna see them.  :mrg:  :lol: Atleast your not the guy fixing it. :eoled: :short:  ;)

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Pictures of crappy electrical work « Reply #8 on: April 13, 2021, 03:10:12 PM » Author: AngryHorse
What happens to a connector block with a 5KW fluorescent load on it when you don’t tighten the screws properly!
Found this little gem inside our showroom frontage sign at work....
And yes, it was still live!

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Pictures of crappy electrical work « Reply #9 on: April 13, 2021, 03:32:40 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Found in my workmates new house, if one of you’re ring circuit cables is too short, bodge a new piece in the back of the socket, then stuff IDEAL connectors on the old bit behind the skirting boards!

Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Pictures of crappy electrical work « Reply #10 on: April 13, 2021, 03:43:12 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Typical UK farm wiring!, this was the ‘main feed’ to a tack room for horses.....
.....don’t see any problems here.......  ::)

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Pictures of crappy electrical work « Reply #11 on: April 13, 2021, 03:46:06 PM » Author: Rommie
Found in my workmates new house, if one of your ring circuit cables is too short, bodge a new piece in the back of the socket, then stuff IDEAL connectors on the old bit behind the skirting boards!
I've seen that done here, I think if you use the correct type of connector, it's acceptable. One of our power sockets here is similar, we wanted a flush single outlet changed to a double, I couldn't be bothered so we called in the council sparky, who did precisely this, as he couldn't be arsed to chase out the wall and fitted a surface socket, hence the reason the wires were too short. It passed our recent electrical safety inspection, anyway, even after I fitted a spur from it to feed our 8W T5 emergency light.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Pictures of crappy electrical work « Reply #12 on: April 13, 2021, 03:53:01 PM » Author: AngryHorse
You will love this one!
Over zealous tightening of a halide lamp by contractors......
Result, the neck of the lamp snaps, crossing its stem wires and tripping the whole lighting circuit in our valet bay in Trafford!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Pictures of crappy electrical work « Reply #13 on: April 13, 2021, 04:11:48 PM » Author: Rommie
I've actually seen worse than this, I did have a picture of it but I can't for the life of me find it, if I do I'll post it. I was having some extra sockets fitted in my office,which was all wired in steel surface conduit. The company sparky came along and looked for a place he could connect in, and came across a double width blanking plate. On removing this, he found the two red and black wires (it was obviously an old installation) and there was a join behind this plate.

Wires just twisted together and covered in insulating tape. No connector of any kind, not even a choc block. I've heard people swear before, but this guy really let rip, and I don't blame him, I joined in and we just sat there for several minutes until he'd recovered enough to get on with the job  :lol:  :short:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Pictures of crappy electrical work « Reply #14 on: April 13, 2021, 07:46:02 PM » Author: High Intensity
I have a few from my parents house, mostly from the previous owner who did a lot of his own electrical work.
Not sure if this counts, but here's an outdoor floodlight socket mounted to an indoor rated octagon box.
https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=4503&pos=19&pid=156315
The wiring in it wasn't much better, but I forgot to get a photo of that when I replaced it.

Here is one where the wires were simply taped together instead of using the scrap metal crimps the previous owner loved, also, the ground wire isn't mounted to anything.
https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=5236&pos=2&pid=158538

Here is how the previous owner would hook up his fluorescent fixtures (and what happens when you give him tin snips).
https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=4503&pos=16&pid=161293
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies