Author Topic: Ge StayBright probe start MH lamps  (Read 660 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Ge StayBright probe start MH lamps « on: April 27, 2021, 04:03:17 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
After browsing through some GE lamp catalogs and brochures, I have learned about GE offering some 400w M59 probe start metal halide lamps for the North American market that have a higher lumen maintenance compared to normal 400w M59 probe start metal halide lamps. These lamps are known as StayBright lamps. From what I understand, they were all designed for operation in a vertical base up position only and were offered in high output versions and 360w energy saving versions. Does anyone know how these particular probe start metal halide lamps are able to maintain better lumen maintenance compared to a normal 400w M59 probe start metal halide lamp?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Max

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Ge StayBright probe start MH lamps « Reply #1 on: April 27, 2021, 01:10:45 PM » Author: Max
The argon fill pressure was increased to the level of pulse-start MH lamps, this reduces the amount of burner blackening due to sputtering during the run-up phase. In order to ensure a propere discharge ignition on standard CWA ballasts, the lamp is built with a diode circuit which, together with the system's series, forms an open-circuit voltage doubler.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies