Author Topic: What did you do today NOT lighting wise  (Read 54830 times)
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #75 on: August 22, 2021, 08:25:04 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Fixed a sink today, what started as a simple adjustment of a faucet turned into a 4 hour job that was closer to a comedy of errors, at least i got a cool 15/16" wrench by mistake. :mrg: I can tell the full story later, for now i'm gonna enjoy my last day of summer. :bulbman:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #76 on: August 24, 2021, 07:42:37 AM » Author: Rommie
Well this job was started yesterday, and as usual it's taking far longer than originally expected  ::)

We started on installing new CAT6 network cabling to extend the network around the bedroom. We had to fit an auxiliary 19" rack in there as there isn't any easy way of getting more cables from the main rack through the wall (and there aren't enough spare sockets on the patch panel in there anyway), so we've installed a small 6U rack in there with an 8-port POE switch and we're currently in the process of fixing RJ45 sockets on the walls and running cables back to the patch panel.

We'll get there, eventually  :poof:

Why are we doing this..? Well two reasons, firstly I don't like wireless, and two we get a crap signal in there anyway.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #77 on: August 25, 2021, 04:07:54 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Well the networking job is completed, we finished it late last night; so today's challenge is to get everything tidied up so that we can get to the front door... :poof:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Desultory13
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #78 on: August 25, 2021, 05:31:56 PM » Author: Desultory13
Well the networking job is completed, we finished it late last night; so today's challenge is to get everything tidied up so that we can get to the front door... :poof:
Maybe if you're lucky you'll find the carpet and some furniture too!
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #79 on: August 25, 2021, 05:39:50 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Don't be silly...  :mrg:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #80 on: August 25, 2021, 05:41:27 PM » Author: Rommie
We found plenty of dust though, Sammi has been snorfling and sneezing all day for two days, it's even louder than your heavy metal I think  :poof: :mrg:

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Desultory13
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #81 on: August 25, 2021, 07:11:22 PM » Author: Desultory13
I started ding dang school  :sick: at least the building was brand new so nothing was too bad but by the end of the week someones gonna fall down stairs and other school horrors are gonna happen!
What makes you think that something's going to happen?
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #82 on: August 26, 2021, 08:45:37 AM » Author: Rommie
What's a 'ding dang' school and what do they teach there..? Or don't I want to know  ???

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #83 on: August 26, 2021, 10:31:06 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
What's a 'ding dang' school and what do they teach there..? Or don't I want to know  ???
I'm assuming 'ding dang' are the words he is describing (normal) school.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #84 on: August 26, 2021, 04:08:23 PM » Author: Rommie
Replaced the patch panel on the new secondary network rack, the old one wasn't the best quality (all I had lying around) and only rated for Cat 5e and we're using Cat 6 cable.

Edit: Photo added here  :bulbman:
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 05:49:41 PM by sox35 » Logged

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #85 on: August 26, 2021, 11:57:35 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Became a college student… :mrg: ;)

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #86 on: August 27, 2021, 12:01:05 AM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Became a college student… :mrg: ;)
How could you be in college if you're only 15?

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #87 on: August 27, 2021, 12:05:03 AM » Author: Bulbman256

Had to register to a community college for a dual credit math class at my school . :lol:

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #88 on: August 27, 2021, 01:05:54 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
I believe there are children even younger than fifteen that have entered college.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #89 on: August 27, 2021, 01:23:09 AM » Author: joseph_125
I believe there are children even younger than fifteen that have entered college.

I think so too, I remember hearing about people graduating college at around 15-16. :poof:
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies