Author Topic: What did you do today NOT lighting wise  (Read 52479 times)
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #60 on: August 08, 2021, 09:14:55 AM » Author: Rommie
Rather you than either of us here, we prefer a nice comfortable hotel room if we go anywhere  :lol:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #61 on: August 12, 2021, 07:28:02 PM » Author: High Intensity
Took apart the motor of a bathroom extractor fan yesterday to try to fix a loud clanking sound it was making, made it quieter, but didn't fully fix it, so bought a replacement fan assembly online, hoping it would also fix a rattling sound the fan has had since 2017 (when the fan assembly was last replaced, because the motor seized up after its shaft became bent).

Today, I went to check the fan, only to find that the rattling and clanking sounds are gone, and the fan sounds better than it has in years. Hope it stays this way.
Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #62 on: August 12, 2021, 09:08:06 PM » Author: Patrick
I also cleaned and oiled my bathroom fans this past weekend.  They do accumulate quite a bit of dust and the one was clattering like yours.  They still have a very slight rattle, but they're good enough for me.  I believe they are the originals from the late 1970s.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #63 on: August 12, 2021, 10:06:20 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
I cleaned out the fan in the laundry room about a month ago. It appeared that it hadn't ever been cleaned since out since we built the house in 2000.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #64 on: August 13, 2021, 12:15:21 AM » Author: suzukir122
I participated in a volleyball tournament with friends. I couldn't play properly at all since I'm just too strong. One time, I spiked the ball SO hard
that it landed in the parking lot far from the court, close to the cars... yeah... my team lost.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #65 on: August 15, 2021, 10:28:45 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I suppose it was technically today that I did it...

In the early hours of the morning I writted the last words of esipode six of Space Munky, there's  still some tidying up to do, and an epilogue to write, but then it will be sent off to the publishers.  ;D

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #66 on: August 15, 2021, 10:39:48 AM » Author: Rommie
Get your money ready, people..! It'll be selling like hotcakes (we hope..)  ;D

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Desultory13
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #67 on: August 16, 2021, 08:41:13 PM » Author: Desultory13
Did some off trail bike riding this evening through some woods and swampy areas hoping to find my raccoons that I take care of.
Especially my girl Rachel.
Been taking care of her for 4 years now and I helped raise her 5 babies Banana, Benny, Johnny, Grabby Gabbi, and Roly Poly last summer.
They're all grown now.
As an advocate for wildlife I've done some pretty crazy things to help out.
Seems my wire cutters was the only way to save a young duck's foot.
It was the only way to cut the barb off a fishhook, which I was then able to easily slide out of his foot.
I'm happy to say that he was perfectly fine afterwards and wanted me to feed him.
Yeah I just love exploring these nonroads back in the woods and the swamps.
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #68 on: August 16, 2021, 08:55:38 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Went walking around a couple farm roads near my house, this area is really weird with the rural/urban divide being so close here. :D Also spotted some cool power equipment and lights.

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Desultory13
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #69 on: August 16, 2021, 09:01:00 PM » Author: Desultory13
You ride bike? Me tOO!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D that's awesome! sadly the trails are wet right now
You bet I bike ride!
Whether it's in the city or off the trail I ride alright!
Easily rack up 50 miles per week, sometimes approach 75 miles.
That's why a few months ago I splurged  my money into a professionally built bike from a very reputable bike shop.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #70 on: August 17, 2021, 09:39:20 AM » Author: Rommie
Upgraded Sammi's laptop to one with 16GB of RAM instead of the 8GB it had. The new one also has a higher resolution screen.

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #71 on: August 17, 2021, 10:02:03 AM » Author: Bulbman256
And i'm sure it went smoothly with no hiccups whatsoever? :mrg: :lol:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #72 on: August 17, 2021, 10:17:12 AM » Author: Rommie
Don't be silly  ::) 

Mainly a problem with the IP addressing, but it got sorted in the end, after I threatened it with Mr Smashy  :poof:  :mrg:

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #73 on: August 17, 2021, 10:27:59 AM » Author: Bulbman256
Excellent repair advice..... :mrg: :D

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #74 on: August 22, 2021, 12:47:03 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Watched some linemen change a power pole. Asked if I can have any of the old equipment but they said no because of liability issues which is typical.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies