Author Topic: question about Thorn DKX / DSF Q1500T10 Halogen  (Read 1276 times)
Zambi137

View Posts
View Gallery

question about Thorn DKX / DSF Q1500T10 Halogen « on: July 23, 2021, 02:52:28 PM » Author: Zambi137
Hi guys, I have a question.

I bought this lamp on ebay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192711572513
I like it because it's not actually a gas discharge lamp but halogen (not metal halide but regular halogen)

The voltage is 230/240 here in the Netherlands. The lamp is 120V and 1500 watt, so the amperage is quite high. Can I burn the lamp here using only an inverter?

Thanks guys! :)
James

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: question about Thorn DKX / DSF Q1500T10 Halogen « Reply #1 on: July 28, 2021, 02:25:04 PM » Author: James
Yes this is a simple halogen lamp, so no problem to run it on any kind of power supply that is happy with a simple resistive load.  If the power rating of your inverter is high enough it would be fine.  Or you can use a step-down transformer from 230>120V, or a variac, or just put two lamps of the same type in series.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: question about Thorn DKX / DSF Q1500T10 Halogen « Reply #2 on: July 28, 2021, 03:08:24 PM » Author: Rommie
How much did you pay for shipping on this..? I just looked and it's $118.20 to get it here  :poof:

For that price, I'd want it hand delivered  :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

wishus

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: question about Thorn DKX / DSF Q1500T10 Halogen « Reply #3 on: July 28, 2021, 05:31:40 PM » Author: wishus
Yes shipping prices have gotten way out of hand on eBay.  I have curtailed my spending on that site significantly as there seem to be more than just a few sellers (or eBay themselves) that are just taking the piss with shipping rates, padding their profits.

For instance, these fluorescent lampholders:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/303517262290?hash=item46ab09e1d2:g:fRMAAOSwV7ZecUjE
Says 53 USD to ship from USA to Canada.  Um, how about no?  For an item that is barely bigger than a small brick and weighs less than half a pound?
I even emailed the seller and asked to confirm the shipping to my location and never got a response.  So I guess he can keep the item.

Interested mainly in discharge lighting (mercury, sodium, neon) and also old and unusual incandescents.

Zambi137

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: question about Thorn DKX / DSF Q1500T10 Halogen « Reply #4 on: July 29, 2021, 05:46:17 AM » Author: Zambi137
How much did you pay for shipping on this..? I just looked and it's $118.20 to get it here  :poof:

For that price, I'd want it hand delivered  :mrg:

I paid $ 27 to the Netherlands, I have no idea why it's so high suddenly
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: question about Thorn DKX / DSF Q1500T10 Halogen « Reply #5 on: July 29, 2021, 08:21:51 AM » Author: Rommie
Wow, that's a lot less..! Shipping from the US is crazy at the moment, all we can do is hope it settles down to a more realistic level once restrictions are fully lifted and there are more spaces available on commercial flights.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies