Author Topic: What does it mean when this light comes on?  (Read 3511 times)
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What does it mean when this light comes on? « Reply #15 on: November 07, 2021, 11:58:00 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
The older Chevy trucks seemed to always have oil leaks at the valve covers .

@ LightsoftheWest : If you spell ford backwards  , Driver Returns On Foot !! :lol:  I can laugh as I have a yard full of Fords !   And don't forget Mopar , Most Our Parts Are Rejects !!

In the end , regardless of what brand of vehicle it is , they all have their "personality quirks"

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What does it mean when this light comes on? « Reply #16 on: November 08, 2021, 03:48:07 AM » Author: Medved
Of course this light mean "You need to take a smoke break"...

No more selfballasted c***

WigWag
Re: What does it mean when this light comes on? « Reply #17 on: November 08, 2021, 09:16:02 PM » Author: WigWag
@wide-lite1000 That's why my dad was always a Chevy man! And as far as vehicle personality quirks, you should've met my Pontiac Sunbird  :lol:
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What does it mean when this light comes on? « Reply #18 on: November 09, 2021, 12:00:12 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
If it was one of the 80's Sunbirds , I remember those nightmares !!  There's a reason that one of our mechanics called them Sunturds !  :lol:

Gearjammer
Re: What does it mean when this light comes on? « Reply #19 on: November 09, 2021, 12:46:24 PM » Author: Gearjammer
It was a 92 Sunbird LE. A fun car to drive that pretty much drove itself.
It had 171,000 miles on it when that sad day finally came.
It's transmission finally gave out even though it was well maintained. It never once needed repairs until it just went all at once.
The seals gave out and it lost all of its fluid along with a broken mechanism.
Same for the engine the bearings were going, but it never once needed repairs.
In fact the car never needed oil no matter how many times I checked it.
That last few years it was on the road it was running racecar engine oil.
The only thing that really haunted that car was it's radiator and cooling system.
But it loved to be driven fast!
Usually I kept it around 90 mph on the expressway.
Damn I miss you "Sunny"!
"Heart like a wheel"
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 04:12:44 PM by Morbid Angel » Logged
Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Transgender, Avid About Street Lamps, Insulators.

Re: What does it mean when this light comes on? « Reply #20 on: November 09, 2021, 06:44:53 PM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
It was a 92 Sunbird LE. A fun car to drive that pretty much drove itself.
It had 171,000 miles on it when that sad day finally came.
It's transmission finally gave out even though it was well maintained. It never once needed repairs until it just went all at once.
The seals gave out and it lost all of its fluid along with a broken mechanism.
Same for the engine the bearings were going, but it never once needed repairs.
In fact the car never needed oil no matter how many times I checked it.
That last few years it was on the road it was running racecar engine oil.
The only thing that really haunted that car was it's radiator and cooling system.
But it loved to be driven fast!
Usually I kept it around 90 mph on the expressway.
Damn I miss you "Sunny"!
"Heart like a wheel"

And I bet you really rocked while driving that car at high expressway speeds listening to "I Cant Drive 55" by Sammy Hagar  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

"A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is, instead of what you think it should be, and then making the best of it."

Please refer to www.insulators.info where I periodically post many images of lights and insulators in the group's Picture Poster Gallery. Thank you.

Gearjammer
Re: What does it mean when this light comes on? « Reply #21 on: November 09, 2021, 07:19:10 PM » Author: Gearjammer
How did you know that I did that Joe? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah I blasted that song at full volume all the time.
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: What does it mean when this light comes on? « Reply #22 on: November 09, 2021, 07:28:55 PM » Author: Econolite03
When I get my 1989 Camaro running I’m gonna roll down the street in the middle of the night blaring Gary Numan because I feel like it.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 07:32:14 PM by Econolite03 » Logged
Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Transgender, Avid About Street Lamps, Insulators.

Re: What does it mean when this light comes on? « Reply #23 on: November 09, 2021, 07:30:54 PM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
How did you know that I did that Joe? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah I blasted that song at full volume all the time.

I know that because you and I are on the same page when it comes to a lot of things. Probably more than both of us presently realize. Attempting to break the sound-barrier speed record while cruising down the highway listening to blasting rock tunes is one of them. My driving nowadays has slowed down a lot owing to the increased price of gas  :D and other stuff  :police:

"A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is, instead of what you think it should be, and then making the best of it."

Please refer to www.insulators.info where I periodically post many images of lights and insulators in the group's Picture Poster Gallery. Thank you.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What does it mean when this light comes on? « Reply #24 on: November 09, 2021, 07:42:10 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
171,000 is commendable mileage !! I'd assume it had the 2.0L . Those were decent motors unlike the early-mid 80's 1.8L which was plagued with cylinder head and head gasket problems . My brother had a '87 Cavalier with the Chevy 2.0L . He sold it , still running perfectly with over 380,000 miles !!!  :poof:

Gearjammer
Re: What does it mean when this light comes on? « Reply #25 on: November 09, 2021, 08:08:08 PM » Author: Gearjammer
Yep. The engine was a 2.0L and until the problem with the bearings started to appear during the last 1000 miles or so that engine never once needed a repair, just an occasional tune up.
So that engine had a 170,000 miles on it before the problems started to appear.
Same thing with the transmission.

Retiring that car was one of my life's biggest regrets.
Bearings can be replaced and transmissions rebuilt.
Worse decision I ever made!
I know me, if I still had it today I'd still be tearing up the roads with it.

Yeah Joe I drove it like I stole it!
While at the same time trying to make the stereo louder and louder with the rock music, mainly to piss off those damn "boom boom" cars!

I have my best memories in that car.
Rock concerts, powerline equipment conquests, first electrician's job, as well several other things that I can't mention here. :mrg:

I was surprised how many compliments that "Sunny" got. 8)
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What does it mean when this light comes on? « Reply #26 on: November 10, 2021, 07:40:16 PM » Author: Bulbman256
My dad had a 96' Grand am for his first car, i should really find a photo of it. :bulbman:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Gearjammer
Re: What does it mean when this light comes on? « Reply #27 on: November 10, 2021, 08:25:19 PM » Author: Gearjammer
I found some pictures of "Sunny" at my first apartment in the late 90s.
Since they're film pictures I need to scan them.
icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: What does it mean when this light comes on? « Reply #28 on: November 15, 2021, 06:12:05 PM » Author: icefoglights
That looks like how my nephew's old K1500 died.  Was having a hard time starting, when it backfired and lit the big fuel injector in the throttle body on fire  :eoled:

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies