Author Topic: Recommendation for LED ceiling lamp bulbs  (Read 1082 times)
LAllenLighting

View Posts
View Gallery

Better Dead than LED!

lucas.allen.12979
Recommendation for LED ceiling lamp bulbs « on: December 25, 2021, 09:48:55 AM » Author: LAllenLighting
I'm at my grandparents' house, and over a fairly large dinner table in the lounge there is a large lamp that takes 6x E14 bulbs round the outside and 1x E27 lamp in the centre. The problem is, it was fitted in 2015 with LEDs that are way too powerful and a cold colour temperature, we all complain and squint and get blinded! Frankly, the ~3500k colour temperature is like eating in a hospital! I plan on using Philips opal-glass filament LEDs, but here's where I need some input: would 25w or 40w equivalent lamps work best in the outer sockets, keeping in mind that this lamp lights a fairly large dinner table? I plan on putting a 60w equivalent lamp in the centre (as it stands now I'd say the outer sockets are 60w equivalent and the central one 100w equivalent, it's nuts!  :poof:)

Thanks guys!  :)

(I will post a gallery pic of a before and after once I've sorted this out.)
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Recommendation for LED ceiling lamp bulbs « Reply #1 on: December 25, 2021, 11:28:03 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I'd say that 25w would be more than enough for the outer sockets .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Recommendation for LED ceiling lamp bulbs « Reply #2 on: December 25, 2021, 11:59:48 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Personally.....I would fit the 40w or even 60 watt equivalents in the fixture and install a dimmer switch to be able to set custom levels.

Administrator #5

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Recommendation for LED ceiling lamp bulbs « Reply #3 on: December 26, 2021, 06:03:13 AM » Author: AngryHorse
If the lamps are on show, why not use those ‘restaurant spec’ smoky amber LED filament lamps?

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

LAllenLighting

View Posts
View Gallery

Better Dead than LED!

lucas.allen.12979
Re: Recommendation for LED ceiling lamp bulbs « Reply #4 on: December 26, 2021, 06:43:01 AM » Author: LAllenLighting
Thanks for the suggestions guys!  :) I ended up putting 40w round the sides and a 60w in the centre (well, their LED equivalents). They are all still quite bright but are at least better on the eyes than the previous ones and a much nicer colour temperature.  :bulbman:
Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: Recommendation for LED ceiling lamp bulbs « Reply #5 on: December 26, 2021, 08:53:54 AM » Author: Foxtronix
What about those LED lamps that don't use any LEDs?  :mrg:

But more seriously, I kinda like the looks of the LED filament lamps. Quality wise however they seem to be hit or miss... So if you look for the absolute cheapest ones, well you get what you pay for LOL.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies