Author Topic: Garden of Streetlights  (Read 2096 times)
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Garden of Streetlights « on: February 24, 2022, 01:43:03 AM » Author: Econolite03
Today I drove past a house next to a busy street in Long Beach trying to spot the street sweeper, and saw a house on a corner lot that had a display of GE M-250A2s spray painted in various colors setup like a group of sunflowers in their front yard.

I assume whoever put them on display probably either works for the city, or perhaps the contractor responsible for removing them during the citywide LED upgrade. I’m pretty sure the ballasts have been removed and the fixtures probably use household lamps. This is not the first time I’ve seen homeowners repurpose old city street lights for decorations. Below is a link to streetview.

See Here
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Garden of Streetlights « Reply #1 on: February 25, 2022, 05:42:45 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Interesting . According to the streetview , the neighborhood has been LED since at least Dec. 2017 . These look to be a recent addition as they didn't exist in the April 2019 view .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Garden of Streetlights « Reply #2 on: February 26, 2022, 12:06:38 AM » Author: Bulbman256
I wonder how bright it would be to light them all... :wndr: :mrg:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Garden of Streetlights « Reply #3 on: February 26, 2022, 12:22:07 PM » Author: Econolite03
I should out-do this house on Christmas…

I’m gonna set up 12 GE M-400s paired with 250W HPS each, that’s will take care of them.
 :mrg:
RandomCatPerson

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Garden of Streetlights « Reply #4 on: March 28, 2022, 07:54:27 PM » Author: RandomCatPerson
This is amazing.

See me on youtube at Random Cat Person for more content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYq1jSBuQvMObtCuglqB_6g/videos

Westinghouse is King

Gearjammer
Re: Garden of Streetlights « Reply #5 on: June 24, 2022, 12:20:21 AM » Author: Gearjammer
This is one of the coolest things I've ever seen!!
Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

The wild Lampent hates LEDs!

mollylovesreptiles UChSn_GuLy2eE43RAiEFyoEw mollylovesreptiles
Re: Garden of Streetlights « Reply #6 on: July 01, 2022, 08:41:41 PM » Author: Molly
Today I drove past a house next to a busy street in Long Beach trying to spot the street sweeper, and saw a house on a corner lot that had a display of GE M-250A2s spray painted in various colors setup like a group of sunflowers in their front yard.

I assume whoever put them on display probably either works for the city, or perhaps the contractor responsible for removing them during the citywide LED upgrade. I’m pretty sure the ballasts have been removed and the fixtures probably use household lamps. This is not the first time I’ve seen homeowners repurpose old city street lights for decorations. Below is a link to streetview.

See Here

That's cool!

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

slz

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Garden of Streetlights « Reply #7 on: October 19, 2022, 03:02:54 PM » Author: slz
Talk about a blind spot going around that corner.... :)
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies