Author Topic: Were there any Nernst lamps developed for the North American market?  (Read 988 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Were there any Nernst lamps developed for the North American market? « on: May 10, 2022, 12:49:49 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
From what I have seen, most of the Nernst lamps that I am aware of were intended for the European market. After looking at them, I have been wondering whether Nernst lamps were ever marketed and sold in North American countries like the USA and Canada?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Were there any Nernst lamps developed for the North American market? « Reply #1 on: May 11, 2022, 02:23:27 AM » Author: joseph_125
IIRC the rights to the Nernst lamp in the US was sold to George Westinghouse, who then started the Nernst Lamp Company in 1901. Here's a link to some US literature.

Interesting there were two models made, a three glower model with a internal ballast for hardwired installation and a single glower "self ballasted" model with a screw base for retrofitting incandescent lamp sockets. 
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies