Author Topic: Philips TL-D Eco tubes killing older European fluorescent chokes?  (Read 580 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Philips TL-D Eco tubes killing older European fluorescent chokes? « on: May 27, 2022, 11:42:02 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
After performing some experiments with European Philips TL-D 32w Eco tubes on North American 2 lamp F40T12 fluorescent tube ballasts, I am starting to conclude that the 32w tubes have an arc voltage drop that is between that of a North American F34T12 and a full power F40T12 fluorescent tube and a European full power F36T8. After noticing that my preheat ballasts were running a little hotter than normal, I am wondering if any Philips TL-D Eco tubes have caused older European fluorescent choke ballasts to fail even though modern choke ballasts are better able to handle tubes with slightly lower arc voltage drops.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 11:49:28 PM by WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA » Logged

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies