Author Topic: 700 series triphosphor fluorescent tubes outside North America?  (Read 1604 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
700 series triphosphor fluorescent tubes outside North America? « on: June 15, 2022, 06:06:54 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
From what I am aware of, the only 700 series triphosphor fluorescent tubes with a CRI between 70 and 79 that I know of are intended for the North American market. They include GE’s “SP” line of fluorescent tubes, Sylvania GTE and Osram Sylvania’s standard “Designer” line of fluorescent tubes, and Philips’ “SPEC” line of fluorescent tubes. After knowing this information, were there any 700 series triphosphor fluorescent tubes made for any countries outside of North America?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: 700 series triphosphor fluorescent tubes outside North America? « Reply #1 on: June 16, 2022, 04:39:52 AM » Author: dor123
700 color isn't a triphosphors. Probably some halophosphors or deluxe phosphors.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: 700 series triphosphor fluorescent tubes outside North America? « Reply #2 on: June 17, 2022, 04:31:32 AM » Author: Silverliner
It is triphosphor and halophosphor blend. Get your facts straight.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 700 series triphosphor fluorescent tubes outside North America? « Reply #3 on: June 17, 2022, 04:56:07 AM » Author: dor123
But this isn't a reason for a warning Dave. There was no things that I had done against LG rules.
If the 700 color lamps have a triphosphors and halophosphors blend, the lamps aren't considered "Triphosphors" anymore, as it contains four layers of phosphors (Three RGB rare-earths + one calcium halophosphate).

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 700 series triphosphor fluorescent tubes outside North America? « Reply #4 on: June 17, 2022, 07:14:12 AM » Author: funkybulb
Worldwidehid. 

Yes there are use such tubes out there Universial whites
 Is same as our cool white plus.  I found this out with my imported
 Color 25 8 footer next to my sylvania CWP by  nearly identical flash
  Pattern on my camera.  And i have few 765 daylights osram tubes. 

At dor123 u did nothing wrong just worldwidehid got it bit wrong here.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

RCM442
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

rcm442 UC1Q-wYhi9O-1q4ugOaOZ9dA rcm442
Re: 700 series triphosphor fluorescent tubes outside North America? « Reply #5 on: June 17, 2022, 09:00:10 AM » Author: RCM442
Dor, we've warned you about this before! If you aren't sure on something don't just give out false information! If you don't know don't say anything don't just write something to comment!

LEDs need to stop taking over everything
Administrator #4
Need help with something on the site? Let me know!

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 700 series triphosphor fluorescent tubes outside North America? « Reply #6 on: June 17, 2022, 11:21:34 AM » Author: dor123
This isn't a reason for a warning. I didn't did anything against the forum rules.
Some members post false information and don't gets warnings and I gets warnings??? Enough to torture me.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 11:30:14 AM by dor123 » Logged

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: 700 series triphosphor fluorescent tubes outside North America? « Reply #7 on: June 17, 2022, 01:30:37 PM » Author: Rommie
Dor, although I did not issue this warning, I consider it justified. How do you know that other members aren't warned..? It's not made public, at least not by the admin team.

All we are asking is that you please check your facts before posting anything. If you are not sure, either say so or better still say nothing. As the saying goes, better to be silent and thought a fool, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 01:34:06 PM by Rommie » Logged

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

RCM442
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

rcm442 UC1Q-wYhi9O-1q4ugOaOZ9dA rcm442
Re: 700 series triphosphor fluorescent tubes outside North America? « Reply #8 on: June 17, 2022, 04:18:21 PM » Author: RCM442
Adding my 2 cents here. Disciplinary warnings and site suspensions are not public. You can look at any members profile even someone who has a warning or a ban and you won't see it. We only use it for things like this. We ask you to STOP doing something several times in a row and you don't listen to us!

LEDs need to stop taking over everything
Administrator #4
Need help with something on the site? Let me know!

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 700 series triphosphor fluorescent tubes outside North America? « Reply #9 on: June 18, 2022, 03:02:08 AM » Author: dor123
I say what I know about the lighting. I learned a lot about lighting in the Internet and at books here, particularily in James Hooker's websire. And also here. As in the US, the lighting is completely different than here in Israel and in Europe which are almost the same as in Israel, sometimes my information is not true, for example, outside North America, Triphosphors is only 800 and was available in the past also in the 900 as deluxe triphosphors, but never in the 700. The combination of halophosphors and triphosphors weren't available here and in Europe, and even if in Europe it was available, I think it wasn't called triphosphors there.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: 700 series triphosphor fluorescent tubes outside North America? « Reply #10 on: June 18, 2022, 06:10:09 AM » Author: Rommie
Saying what you know is fine, but saying what you think you know when actually you don't, is not. There is a difference. That is why we ask you to substantiate your claims with evidence.

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: 700 series triphosphor fluorescent tubes outside North America? « Reply #11 on: June 18, 2022, 12:49:00 PM » Author: Foxtronix
My memory is kind of rusty on this one, but I think halophosphate daylight has a CRI of 72 or so, making it a 700 series with no need for rare-earth based phosphors.

I remember that I used to have a few GE tubes with the ordering code F40/SP65, and to my eyes their light output didn't look any different from the other tube sizes using the suffix /D, so they probably were plain halophosphate.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: 700 series triphosphor fluorescent tubes outside North America? « Reply #12 on: June 18, 2022, 12:51:09 PM » Author: Rommie
Personally, I don't really care what the phosphor is, all that matters to me is do I like the colour or not..? But then I always was a simple soul  :bulbman:

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: 700 series triphosphor fluorescent tubes outside North America? « Reply #13 on: June 18, 2022, 01:21:14 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
My memory is kind of rusty on this one, but I think halophosphate daylight has a CRI of 72 or so, making it a 700 series with no need for rare-earth based phosphors.

I remember that I used to have a few GE tubes with the ordering code F40/SP65, and to my eyes their light output didn't look any different from the other tube sizes using the suffix /D, so they probably were plain halophosphate.

I did temporarily run a GE F32T8/SP65 on a magnetic ballast and I did pick up strong green/yellow flicker bands on the camera, which indicated the presence of triphosphors.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: 700 series triphosphor fluorescent tubes outside North America? « Reply #14 on: June 18, 2022, 05:22:31 PM » Author: joseph_125
Personally, I don't really care what the phosphor is, all that matters to me is do I like the colour or not..? But then I always was a simple soul  :bulbman:

Same here, I pay more attention to the CCT and the CRI of a fluorescent lamp and if it looks good in the room I'm using it in. That said, I've moved to higher CRI lamps for my living spaces so most of my vintage halophosphor tubes are in storage. I still have a few 700 series lamps in service, they were bought a decade ago and most are still operational in utility and storage areas so I kept them in service. I actually wish those were still made, they have higher lumens than the current production 88+ CRI lamps but still less of a greenish case than the older lamps with the CRI in the 60s.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies