Author Topic: Homemade LPS!!!  (Read 5340 times)
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Homemade LPS!!! « Reply #15 on: August 19, 2022, 03:11:41 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah they have a storefront based in the UK it seems.

https://truhalo.co.uk/

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Homemade LPS!!! « Reply #16 on: August 19, 2022, 03:17:18 PM » Author: Rommie
Chinese LPS is better than no LPS.
I disagree, but I don't want to start a row so I'll shut up now.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex - a fan of Jefferson Electric ballasts

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Re: Homemade LPS!!! « Reply #17 on: August 19, 2022, 04:47:56 PM » Author: HIDLad001
These LPS lamps look to be made by Qian Shun lighting in china.

HID Fixtures should stay HID!
Any new photos are taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35!
Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.
Using Lighting-Gallery since 2022

SOXman

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Homemade LPS!!! « Reply #18 on: May 24, 2023, 07:28:21 AM » Author: SOXman
Yeah, in the Netherlands you can order these SOX lights and gear also on a webshop from DBL verlichting. On that site are original Philips SOX and I think also SOX lamps and SOX gear from QS lighting in China.
Good somebody will continue selling SOX in the Netherlands.

https://voorraad.dbl-verlichting.nl/collections/philips-sox-lampen
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Homemade LPS!!! « Reply #19 on: May 24, 2023, 07:32:40 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I have seen this Dutch website still having some SOX low pressure sodium lamps in stock and sold at relatively cheap prices like €29 per 18w lamp.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

SOXman

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Homemade LPS!!! « Reply #20 on: May 24, 2023, 01:38:13 PM » Author: SOXman
Yes the prices are very good for this time
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Homemade LPS!!! « Reply #21 on: May 25, 2023, 03:40:47 AM » Author: AngryHorse
Chinese LPS is better than no LPS.
To be fair to the Chinese, if a market opens up again for LPS street lighting, I reckon they’d have it perfected within a couple of years!
We’ve all seen the posts on here when Philips announced the end of SOX, and the input James provided, so the fact the Chinese actually got a working lamp in the first place is a feat in itself!
And you can’t deny Chinese lamp factories, during the CFL years when consumers were not happy about the high prices of European lamps, stripped out quality to a minimum and STILL came out with a decent lamp in the Genie!, (how many Genies do people remember that failed early)?, I certainly never had one?

And even now with LED, the Chinese have made huge strides in filament lamps technology in 10 years, while still lowering the price of the product to the consumer!
All in all, I don’t think it would take them long to perfect the old LPS lamp?  8)

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Homemade LPS!!! « Reply #22 on: May 25, 2023, 01:22:11 PM » Author: joseph_125
TBH, having a source for newly produced SOX is a good thing IMO. For one it'll probably mean the prices on older lamps won't command such a premium and it'll also mean people who just want SOX lamps to run (instead of to collect) have a option to get those. I personally always liked to save vintage stuff I can't easily find replacements for and run the modern stuff instead.

It's shame that they're aren't readily available in Canada and most of the existing users of SOX here either converted to LED or are wrapping up converting the old SOX lights to LED.
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Homemade LPS!!! « Reply #23 on: June 22, 2023, 12:11:44 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I could use some new Socks.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Homemade LPS!!! « Reply #24 on: June 22, 2023, 12:18:38 PM » Author: Rommie
Here you go..!

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies