Author Topic: Why the color of the halide inside the same bulb are different?  (Read 950 times)
bulb_tester2009

View Posts
View Gallery

Resolutely crack down on inferior LED lighting!!

GoL
Why the color of the halide inside the same bulb are different? « on: August 04, 2022, 12:32:56 AM » Author: bulb_tester2009
As shown in the figure, both bulbs are Philips HPI-T 2000W with the same batch, but why are the halides inside the arc tube different in color?

I've been collecting light bulbs since I was 2 years old and I've been collecting them ever since.
 :hps::hps::hps:
由于我来自中国,所以英语不精通,大部分内容都是翻译的,所以可能不通顺,请大家谅解
Note:
Bulb base in China:E12(CES) E14(SES) B22d(BC) E27(ES) E40(GES)

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Why the color of the halide inside the same bulb are different? « Reply #1 on: August 04, 2022, 05:57:45 AM » Author: Medved
On the left it looks like normal crystallization after cool down, on the right one it seems to be remelted, because last time it was operated for very short time, so just partially warmed up (only to partially melt the condensed fill salts but not enough to evaporate them).
Next power cycle and both will look different again.

No more selfballasted c***

bulb_tester2009

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Why the color of the halide inside the same bulb are different? « Reply #2 on: August 04, 2022, 07:57:12 AM » Author: bulb_tester2009
This means that this difference can be eliminated if both bulbs are sufficiently preheated.

I've been collecting light bulbs since I was 2 years old and I've been collecting them ever since.
Note:

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Why the color of the halide inside the same bulb are different? « Reply #3 on: August 04, 2022, 05:34:36 PM » Author: Medved
Or they may both look completely different as well.
The apparence of the condensed salt used to vary after each time the lamp runs and then cools down. Mainly the first 100 hours (or 10 cycles) or so when new, or even after position change.
It is part of tye reason, why all the optical output performance (lumens, CCT, color quality) are rated after the lamp has been operated for 100 hours, as the form where and how the halides get settled influences where the molten salt pool reside and so what temperature it will have, so what pressures of tge various arc atmosphere components will be during runtime. So ithas to settle to its moreless stable position first. Sometimes the pool uses to reside in the lowest spot due to gravity, which does not have necessarily to be the coldest spot (where it may condense, but the liquid then may be dragged by the gravity to some lower spot).

bulb_tester2009

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Why the color of the halide inside the same bulb are different? « Reply #4 on: August 12, 2022, 03:07:01 AM » Author: bulb_tester2009
Or they may both look completely different as well.
The apparence of the condensed salt used to vary after each time the lamp runs and then cools down. Mainly the first 100 hours (or 10 cycles) or so when new, or even after position change.
It is part of tye reason, why all the optical output performance (lumens, CCT, color quality) are rated after the lamp has been operated for 100 hours, as the form where and how the halides get settled influences where the molten salt pool reside and so what temperature it will have, so what pressures of tge various arc atmosphere components will be during runtime. So ithas to settle to its moreless stable position first. Sometimes the pool uses to reside in the lowest spot due to gravity, which does not have necessarily to be the coldest spot (where it may condense, but the liquid then may be dragged by the gravity to some lower spot).
This means that the metal halide content inside each lamp will be different when it leaves the factory, of course, I think the biggest difference in the color of the two bulbs is likely to be the difference in the amount of use of the two.

Note:

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Why the color of the halide inside the same bulb are different? « Reply #5 on: August 12, 2022, 07:56:20 AM » Author: Medved
The content does not have to be different in any way. Even the same fill content will look different if it crystallizes in a different way. The exact temperature profile when cooling is what matters here...

bulb_tester2009

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Why the color of the halide inside the same bulb are different? « Reply #6 on: August 17, 2022, 02:23:19 AM » Author: bulb_tester2009
The content does not have to be different in any way. Even the same fill content will look different if it crystallizes in a different way. The exact temperature profile when cooling is what matters here...
I see.

Note:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies