Author Topic: Will A US spec Ballast Run This ?  (Read 827 times)
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Will A US spec Ballast Run This ? « on: August 10, 2022, 11:38:04 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Sylvania LU400T7RRSC . https://www.interlightus.com/light-bulb/OSRAM-SYLVANIA-LU400T7/RSC  I found some of these online for really cheap but would like to know if they'll work on a US spec. S-51 ballast  .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Will A US spec Ballast Run This ? « Reply #1 on: August 10, 2022, 12:09:25 PM » Author: joseph_125
According to here it says they use the same S51 ballast as regular 400w lamps.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Will A US spec Ballast Run This ? « Reply #2 on: August 10, 2022, 12:50:59 PM » Author: dor123
The S51 ballast can also run European 400W lamps, and 400W MH lamps that are intended for European HPS ballasts, like the Osram HQI-BT 400W/D.
There are no reasons for the said lamp to not be operated on S51 ballast.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Will A US spec Ballast Run This ? « Reply #3 on: August 10, 2022, 03:21:54 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
North American 400w S51 high pressure sodium lamps are pretty much interchangeable with any other 400w high pressure sodium lamp in the world.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Will A US spec Ballast Run This ? « Reply #4 on: August 10, 2022, 09:04:09 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Thanks everyone !! I didn't want to buy something I couldn't easily use without having buy additional gear .  I already have several 400w S-51 ballasts .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: Will A US spec Ballast Run This ? « Reply #5 on: August 11, 2022, 08:32:01 PM » Author: 108CAM
In Australia, you can connect an ignitor to a 400w MV ballast and use it with MH lamps. I have a gearbox with this exact setup which suggests that it was retrofitted at some point.

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Will A US spec Ballast Run This ? « Reply #6 on: August 12, 2022, 04:28:48 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Indeed, I even used European ignitors to run North American probe start and pulse start metal halide lamps on mercury vapor ballasts. These ignitors will even allow the lamps to run on North American mercury vapor ballasts too.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies