Author Topic: California ban on almost all fluorescent lamps  (Read 2455 times)
Ugly1

View Posts
View Gallery

California ban on almost all fluorescent lamps « on: September 21, 2022, 02:36:15 PM » Author: Ugly1
Governor Newsome of California just signed Assembly Bill AB2208. Compact fluorescent lamps with screw or bayonet bases cannot be sold in California after 1-1-2024. Linear fluorescent lamps with any type of base, and compact fluorescent lamps with pin type bases cannot be sold in California after 1-1-2025.(With some exceptions
for special lamps.) Vermont was the first state to pass similar legislation some months ago.
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: California ban on almost all fluorescent lamps « Reply #1 on: September 21, 2022, 03:17:43 PM » Author: Lumex120
Not at all surprised to hear this coming from CA, I just hope most other states don't follow.

Unofficial LG Discord

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: California ban on almost all fluorescent lamps « Reply #2 on: September 21, 2022, 03:58:56 PM » Author: Econolite03
I’m really sick of this bs from CA, for anyone who lives outside the state… be proud of it.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: California ban on almost all fluorescent lamps « Reply #3 on: September 21, 2022, 10:19:20 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Another reason I think of California as another country! :roll:

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: California ban on almost all fluorescent lamps « Reply #4 on: September 21, 2022, 10:26:05 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Matt, If you ever need refuge, Missouri is just a small distance of 1600 miles away, the restore crop here in kc is really nice too. ;D

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

The wild Lampent hates LEDs!

mollylovesreptiles UChSn_GuLy2eE43RAiEFyoEw mollylovesreptiles
Re: California ban on almost all fluorescent lamps « Reply #5 on: September 21, 2022, 10:43:29 PM » Author: Molly
Does the ban affect the fluorescent lamps for reptiles and fish?

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: California ban on almost all fluorescent lamps « Reply #6 on: September 21, 2022, 10:47:49 PM » Author: Burrito
I believe those are special ones and probably won't be banned

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: California ban on almost all fluorescent lamps « Reply #7 on: September 21, 2022, 11:44:10 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Of course... well at least I have a lifetime supply of some of the basic types to use in the future, along with ballasts and a decent amount of fixtures.
High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: California ban on almost all fluorescent lamps « Reply #8 on: September 23, 2022, 12:44:27 AM » Author: High Intensity
Welp, can't say I'm surprised, thankfully I have enough of most standard sized lamps to last me into the foreseeable future.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: California ban on almost all fluorescent lamps « Reply #9 on: September 24, 2022, 02:31:13 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I have a feeling that these bans will prevent private customers from ordering lamps online to have them shipped directly to California addresses?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: California ban on almost all fluorescent lamps « Reply #10 on: September 24, 2022, 10:01:00 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Eventually , California will ban people from breathing !  ::)

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: California ban on almost all fluorescent lamps « Reply #11 on: September 24, 2022, 10:16:18 PM » Author: HPS_250
@wide-lite 1000:  :lol: :lol:
I live in California, I understand the reasoning behind some of the bans, but as a lighting enthusiast I’m still kind of disappointed by new lamp bans here.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: California ban on almost all fluorescent lamps « Reply #12 on: September 24, 2022, 10:21:28 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
The thing about lamp discontinuations and bans that really bothers me is that these lamps become harder to obtain in the future for collecting and to have a supply that I would use in fixtures for my enjoyment. In my dream house, I am thinking of having a mix of preheat linear fluorescent and preheat non-integrated CFL chandelier fixtures and having these bans in place makes me worried about running out of lamps that I enjoy using and getting them shipped here would make it more expensive because I would need to send these lamps to an out of state forwarding service, which can drastically increase shipping costs. I wonder if these lamp bans would affect my ability to import lamps from abroad.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: California ban on almost all fluorescent lamps « Reply #13 on: September 24, 2022, 10:28:14 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I saw that their banning Natural gas furnaces and space heaters and water heaters by 2030 and banning new installations of gas stoves in 2023 and new gas powered cars/trucks by 2035 .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: California ban on almost all fluorescent lamps « Reply #14 on: September 24, 2022, 10:30:42 PM » Author: HPS_250
Yeah, I heard. I think the ban on gas heaters is actually a good thing, since heat isn’t really needed in a lot of places in California and it should be an easy way to help reduce some emissions.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies